💉31

|Achille

I found myself opening my eyes, surprised that I actually felt like I was waking up. It confused me because vampires can't fall asleep...or did I cry so hard that I passed out?

"You're awake now?"

I flinch, looking up to see Darius looking down at me. Startling me because it was like before. He always woke up before I did...it still hasn't changed.

"Yes. I apologize for sleeping so long." I find myself apologizing, and Darius shrugs.

"No need to apologize. I think it was needed, even though I don't know why you could cry so much for my sake." He says, sighing quietly as he nodded over at Aurelie's crib.

When I look I saw her sitting up and it only reminded me again that doesn't grow at a normal rate, but a vampire rate. It bothered me...that I couldn't truly see her grow slowly. But, it's fine. I still love her dearly.

"Darius I was crying for you because you were taken away from me. It felt worse when you said I was disgusting and that you would never love me..." I bit my lip because that still hurt my heart. I can still hear his voice saying that and the hatred in his eyes.

"I apologize for saying that. I'm actually confused...that's why I came back. I need to understand because the brothers won't give me the answers I ask. I hope you can answer them..." He tells me as I begin to sit up.

I make eye contact with Darius and he just stares at me, making me wonder what he was thinking. He was worth all the questions and I was willing to answer any of them.

"Ask me anything."

Darius nodded, looking around the room. When he looked back at me his expression told me that he had lots of questions. Though he did look surprised that I accepted what he said.

"How did we fall out of love?" He asked, and I flinch. "Because when I'm with you, memories begin to come back. Except there's bits and pieces missing...they aren't clear. Though Sabin tells me I'm in love with his sons, I don't understand why I don't remember them. Though I'm with them, no memories resurface like they do when I'm with you." He explains to me, his eyebrows furrowing in.

That's when I found myself looking at his lips, watching as he purses them in concentration. Except I just wanted to kiss him because I've been wanting to do so for a while.

When I move my eyes back onto Darius', he had them narrowed on me.

"My eyes are up here." He teased me, and I felt my face heat up.

"Yes - I saw something on your face." I lie, making Darius to chuckle.

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

"A beard." I look away from him, hearing him chuckle as I felt my heart beat quickly.

"I see. I didn't realize that at all." He said sarcastically, and I sigh. "Say my name."

I nod, grinning at him as he waited.

"Darius." I murmur to him, and he immediately looks away. "I love you Darius. I love you more than I have ever loved a person, ever. I am thankful that Aurelie turned you into a vampire because I didn't have the guts to do it, but I wish you would look at me like how you used to - Darius. You have a spell cast over you that keeps you from loving me completely. If I am able to win you over again...if you can remember me fully...then it will all make sense."

Darius looks down at me angrily, shaking his head as he tried to pull away from me. Except I held on tightly to his arm.

"A spell? How are you certain?"