💉4

I stand in line, waiting at the checkout with the food I was going to bring to Achille's house. I want to make him a nice dish, as an apology. He doesn't know what I did...so I believe.

It's been three days since I've seen him and I'm not sure what he could be doing at this point. I said I would take care of him and be by his side. Yet I completely do the opposite, actually. I feel bad and I bought lots of food so that I can make sure to come back to make him more.

Once I was in front of the cashier it happened to be a elderly woman who I talk to on occasion. I purposely go in her isle so that we can have a little talk. It feels right in a way... Almost like a mother and son talk...

"Darius I haven't seen you in a while. How are you?" She asked sweetly, ringing up my things as I begin to put them in their bags.

"I'm good I guess."

"You guess? Where's the 'I am fantastic!' Darius that I know?" She questioned, and I shrug." Don't shrug on me! What's going on? I know all this food isn't for you so who's the lucky person in your life?"

I suddenly smile, shrugging again because I haven't told anyone about Achille. Oscar is a stalker and just happens to know.

"It's more of me being the lucky person than him." I murmur, causing Shelby - the cashier - to raise an eyebrow.

"Him? I didn't know it was a man? How cute! How long?"

"We aren't dating...or together...not really sure if we're friends."

Shelby frowns, taking my card as she started to get me done.

"Not sure if you're friends? Oh dear... Have you smiled with him?"

"Yes."

"Have you made him smile?"

"I believe so..."

"Has he gotten emotional in front of you and told him information about himself?"

"Yeah."

She handed me my receipt and card, smirking with entertainment.

"Then you're friends."

I smile happily, taking my stuff and saying goodbye. Knowing where to go next I head to his house. A little embarrassed, by the time I get there it's three in the afternoon and I'm sure he's here.

Knocking on his door I am surprised to see the door open really fast. Looking down at him and he bit his lip. Only for his eyes to move off of me to the bags of groceries.

"What's this?"

I chuckle awkwardly, realizing that nothing truly changed. Obviously.

"I bought you some things...to fill up your barren fridge."

"How kind of you, but don't forget that I'm a vampire so I don't need to eat human food."

I shrug, watching him begin to grab a bag and car keys.

"Where are you going?"

"Work."

Flinching, I stare at him in shock at that revelation.

"You work?"

"Of course I work!" He exclaimed, walking to a coatrack and putting on a coat." You just thought I sat at home and didn't work to get the home I have?"

"I mean...I'm not sure. I just didn't realize you worked at all."

Achille frowned, walking to a drawer and began to rummage through it.