💉16

Norris 🔝

Achille laid in my arms as I listened to him cry silently. He truly sounded sad about the news we both found out. I'm saddened as well...but I think we both have different reasons for why we're sad.

"You want to tell me that I am holding a child, but they will most likely die? Who tells someone that so nonchalantly?" Achille asked as tears streamed down his face.

"I don't want to tell you this to upset you. It's better for me to tell you this way so that you are more aware. I'm just intrigued that your child is half human and half vampire... Except the carrier is a vampire and the sperm is from a human. This is the first case I've seen in all of my two hundred years of living..." Norris explained with pure interest.

"I'm not going to be your lab rat." Achille whimpered, and I could tell that all of this was hurting him a lot. Of course it would... To find out you're...pregnant?

That actually confuses me as well. Achille isn't alive...human wise. His body has completely lost all human capabilities and is handled in a vampire state. So how is this all even possible?

"Achille isn't human. So how is he able to carry a child? The child is half human so...wouldn't that conflict with the baby?"

"Not necessarily... The baby is half vampire so the child may not suffer. I just don't understand how your body seems to have...adapted to the child. Have you felt anything strange?"

I glance at Achille as it all made sense. Him saying he feels more alive...vigorous...different. It all adds up!

"I have felt more alive lately. I can't explain it."

"That makes sense. Maybe since your child is half human, their human genes and your vampire genes are colliding. Probably getting confused and going haywire - since your body isn't as equipped to the human genes anymore. Maybe you're getting some of them back since your child is half human."

Achille's face suddenly lit up, and I watch as he feels on his face.

"Is that why I have more of a desire for human food? I'm also wanting to occasionally take a...nap. I haven't slept in so long...but it's coming to the point where I want to."

I begin to realize that while he spoke his eyes were changing color. They weren't red or the typical amber he was used to. This time he stared into soft blue eyes and when they moved onto him he froze in place.

Was this the color of Achille's eyes all along?

"The longer I am here the more fascinated I become! Your eyes changed before us!" Norris exclaimed, rushing to Achille and staring into his eyes." I can still feel that you are a vampire, that can never be changed. How come your eyes are the color they were when you were human...? Such a sight!"

I looked away from Achille because I was becoming confused. What was becoming of all of this? I have never seen such a sight and it's already a lot that he's a vampire. Now we are about to have a child together?

Half human and half vampire? How does that even work.

"I think...you both need some time alone." Norris suddenly states, and I look to him as he nodded at me in understanding." Look, I will be back over here tomorrow. I want to learn more about this phenomenon."

We both watch as Norris stood up, saying his goodbyes and then left. Except I suddenly stood and felt this urge to ask him one more question.

"Achille I'll be right back, going to ask something real quick."