💉36

|Darius

I sat before Achilles still, except he was back to his red eyes. He held Aurelie in his arms, staring down at her lovingly.

"Have you ever actually got to look at her? Hold her for some time?" I ask him, and he shook his head slowly.

"No... Is it obvious?" He asked me with a raised eyebrow, making me shake me head no. "Aurelie is my daughter too just as much as it is Achille. Why do you think she's so smart? She didn't get her intelligence from Achille."

I frown at him, watching as he pressed a kiss to Aurelie's temple.

"Achille is very smart." I say, and Achilles shrugs slightly.

"He can be. If he didn't let this get in the way." Achilles states, pressing his finger to his head. "I think it's ridiculous that Deimos says his little brother has demons. With what Achille has been through and seen...I was born from the anger and helplessness that came from him being turned - you know that. The more he suffers and is pain - I grow in power. Thanks to you..."

Achilles eyes darkened on me, and I look away nervously.

"Thanks to you, my power has grown from the days Achille suffered without you. Literally, he was killing us both because he didn't drink or eat anything. I knew if I took control of his body that he most likely wouldn't wake up. So I had to sit in torment...it was so fun." He said sarcastically, lifting Aurelie up as he stared into her eyes. "I wonder if I passed anything onto her."

I just stared at Achilles, watching as he had love in his eyes for Aurelie. It made me wonder how evil he could truly be. If Deimos' brother is just like Achille where he harbors another person within their body...and is evil, why wasn't Achilles?

Did I really...tame him?

"What silly thoughts are you thinking over there?" Achilles asks me, and I snort.

"Was I that obvious?"

"I mean...I think so, but yeah. Speak to me what you're thinking." Achilles insists, and I sigh.

"How is it that you're supposed to be evil and untamable, yet you are just fine?" I question him, and Achilles smiles.

That's when I see him lay Aurelie against a pillow. He scooted beside me and looked into my eyes, making me wary of how frighteningly captivating they were.

"I'm just fine...with you." Achilles rested his hand on my chest, grinning. "The first time I actually used all my power was when I almost killed Sabin. Until Achille came to...and blocked me off - not knowing exactly what he was blocking off. Until one day, I am able to come free, but I find myself staring into your eyes - in your arms."

I saw Achilles begin to stand, one of his legs going over mine. Straddling my legs, he bit his lip as I saw his fangs appear.

"Do you even love me?" He asked me, and I frown. "I'm in Achille's body and I am a part of him, but do you love me? Achilles..."

I feel his hand weave behind my neck, his eyes watching me with careful consideration. Almost as if he was waiting for me to slip up.

Except I gripped his waist, Achilles raising his eyebrow.

"I love both you and Achille."

"Liar." Achilles hissed, and I shook my head.

"I do-."

"Liar. What do you love about me?" He asked angrily, and I grin at him. His sneer dropping, I knew I had to say this carefully.

"I love the you that isn't afraid to defend yourself and Achille. You aren't selfish and I always have loved you. Remember when we went to the gas station and I bought you those sunglasses so that you could walk around with me?" I remind him, and his eyes widen at the memory. "Don't tell me what I don't love. Because I know what my heart is telling me - and I love you both greatly."