💉13

"Now that we're back here and I saw my siblings graves and Sabin... I have come to the realization that you are no longer safe. I have put your life in risk because of your encounter with him."

"So what? That guy is in France, what can he do to me?"

"He's not in France Darius! You don't think I can't sense where he is. He's been in France for years. I left France when my brother passed away. Sabin has followed me wherever I go. I just had my ways of keeping him at bay. Now that you're here and he's met you, he will do anything in his power to kill you."

I just stare down at Achille, seeing him look so frustrated and pained. Standing outside of my apartment wasn't ideal either because he could easily run from me.

It would be preferred if he didn't run, but I can't tell with him anymore... Ever since we came back from France, he's been hard to find. I go to his house only to come to a empty place. I make him stuff everyday and leave a note. Only for it to be in the same place I left it. As if he didn't even take a glance.

Wish I could read his mind because he was avoiding my eyes. Refused to look at me and it broke my heart.

"Achille..."

"What?"

I flinch, seeing him begin to take a deep breath as he looked me straight in the eye now. Expression hardened and lips in a straight line.

"From this point and forward, I will no longer have contact with you."

Suddenly feeling like something shattered in my heart, I try to hold back the emotions that ran through me at once. I didn't want to do anything rash but it was coming to the point where I didn't care.

"I can't accept that."

"It's not up to you."

"Achille what is this!" I exclaim, trying to calm down as I found myself going into a mode. Trying to figure out what I did wrong for him to leave me." Why are you leaving me? Is there something I did? Started kissing you? Too touchy? What is it? I can stop if it'll keep you in my life-."

"That's not it! It's none of that!" He shouted, making me narrow my eyes at him as he sighed." Please don't come to my house anymore. I would like my key please."

I look at him, feeling the feeling from when I was a child. But it was stronger and more painful. My throat tightened and I couldn't urge myself to speak anymore.

"Want - want your key?"

I rush in my house and grab it, going to him. Grabbing his hand forcefully and slamming it in his palm. I even noticed a glimpse of him trying not to say something to me.

"Take your key. Want me out of your life? Want to go back to that silent solitude you were going for for a hundred more years? Have at it!" I snap, Achille gasping at my words as I just felt like saying all these things.

I was angry and frustrated as to why he wanted to leave me. We never started anything or became exclusive, but I think my mind already made itself up. Achille was mine and no one else's. That he'd never leave me.

How wrong was I.

"It - it wasn't my choice-."

"It was your choice. Because of what you are. You ran from any relationship because you don't want to lose anyone. I would've been it - you told me that you don't want me to ever leave you. I get it, it's because you wanted to leave me for yourself. Rather you do it than me."

Shaking my head I tried calming down, but it only boiled up into more and more stuff.

"Leave."