💉44

____four years later____
|_Achille_

"Méfiez-vous le rouge, Damon."

I crouch before Damon, the both of us looking up at the red moon. My eyes softened on such a thing as I look over at Aurelie.

She was with her dad, seeing her on his shoulders as he ran through the forest. Though I could notice them easily as if they were just jogging calmly.

"Beware the red...right?" Damon repeats after me in English, and I nod happily. "Why? The moon?"

He points at the moon, and I nod.

"What did the moon do to mommy?" He asks me sadly and I smile.

"The moon isn't the one that harmed me, don't worry. Besides, our troubles are gone now. You and Aurelie our are main focuses. The reason why I say 'méfiez-vous le rouge' is because the moon - when it is this color - heightens our senses. It makes us...hungry for blood and reason is lost. If you aren't able to keep that in check you may end up hurting somebody. You have to keep these - in check."

I press my finger to the tip of Damon's fangs. He was slow on knowing how to retract them, but they came out naturally at night for him. For Aurelie she knew how to control it.

"Red moon is bad all the time?" He asks me another question.

"Not necessarily. It's just a natural phenomenon that comes with being a vampire I guess. We also live in a human world - I was human once as was your father. Your sister, Aurelie, is half human you know." I tell him and Damon gasps loudly.

He clamped his hands over his cheeks, his mouth gaping open. I smile at him because there were people like Norris who made it known to him not to mix. That having a human and vampire child is called a hybrid, and also very dangerous.

I wouldn't say he said it exactly like that, but close enough.

Aurelie is a special case. Along with being a hybrid came her abilities. It also seems that Damon got lucky with them too. Able to manipulate time in his favor.

I'm not sure...he doesn't seem to know how his powers work. Though I do know what power he has because he talks about it all the time.

Darius has the ability to manipulate emotions I suppose. Me on the other hand...I have-.

Me.

I smile, hearing Achilles in my head.

Make sure to tell Damon that his sister isn't like Norris' folklores. Achilles reminds me, and I nod in agreement.

"Damon, also Aurelie is exempt from Norris' stories. She's nothing like them despite being a hybrid. She is still a mystery...but a good kind. Like-."

"The mystery of who stole daddy's blood shake! It good, because it was you." Damon smiles, giggling when I shook my head fast.

"It was actually Achilles, why do you blame me for his bad behavior?" I whimper teasingly even though I heard Achilles laughing up a storm in my head. "Do you love mommy enough to keep our secret?"

"Oui!" He chirps.

"Aww...merci Damon." I murmur, hugging his body now. When I look I see Darius walking towards us now. Saw Aurelie hop off his shoulders - landing beside him.

She smiled at me and it made me...sad.

She was only four, but looked like she was eight. The vampire growing pains me inside...too much. It can't be avoided, but still.