Are you gay?

My eyes are closed and the only thing I feel at this moment are Brook's lips against mine. We're both fused in the other, just kissing each other. I raise my hand and place it on his neck trying to bring him closer to me, we separated for two seconds and hit again, causing a small moan to escape from Brooklyn's mouth. I sigh and feel his hand go down to my waist, with force but delicately he lays me on the frozen ground and continues to kiss me. At this moment, for the first time I don't have any questions in my head, at this moment we're just him and me. Kissing us as if the world ended tomorrow.

My hands are still entangled in his neck and one of his hands presses on my waist while the other is on the side of my head holding his weight, I don't want to do it but I separate us for a few seconds. He moves away and we look at each other intensely in silence, our breaths are agitated and I can see that his eyes are a little altered, I don't know why but I don't want to know it either, at least not for now. I bring him closer to me and I kiss him one more time, this time putting my tongue in his mouth to deepen the kiss. I need this to not end, I need Brooklyn right now and I don't even know why. This night is nothing like the night I had planned but I love it.

"Jack" Brook is barely inches away from my lips. I feel the doubt in his tone for what I say:
"No" and I attract him to me again, he moans one more time. Two seconds ago we were only looking at the stars and now we are kissing under them.
"Wait" he suddenly separates from me and return to the ground, right next to me. I can see his chest rise and fall because of his agitated breathing. He's not looking at me, he just look at the sky. "I... is this okay?"
His question causes a smile in me at the beginning but when I realize how serious he is when he ask it, I ask myself the same question.
Is this okay? It's hard to have an answer, we are roommates, I don't think this is allowed in school, if someone finds out everything could go wrong.

Absolutely everything is against us at this time and even though it feels so good what we're doing, I don't think it's right. At least not at this moment or in this place but who the hell knows? We really don't have the certainty of if we are doing wrong. Maybe nobody cares that two guys kiss. God we are in 2019. Maybe the school has no problem with this, maybe it's better to be roommates, maybe everything goes well but we don't know and that's the point. We have no idea if it's okay or not.
"I don't know..." I answer because I really don't know. He stops looking at the sky to look at me and he stays that way for a while, thinking. Then he turns around again and takes my face in his hands to kiss me and I do the same.

And we stay here, in this ceiling where you can only see the stars, we stay kissing each other, spinning on the floor without thinking of anything but us and our lips together. We laugh and enjoy this little moment for longer than we should, until the sun starts to rise and everything starts to light up.

"I think we should go back," Brook says. He's lying on my chest and I have my arm around his neck, we are both looking at the sky where there are no more stars. I don't say anything for a few minutes, I just stroked his hair like I was doing it for hours.

"Come on" I tell him calmly, he starts to get up and me too. We walk towards the door where we arrived but before crossing it he stops me and takes my face one more time, Brook is much shorter than me and in this way, both standing, he looks too small and helpless, this causes a smile in me. He also smiles at me and plants a kiss on my lips, I grab his waist and I draw him to me to kiss him more deeply.

* * *

"Where were you yesterday? I went to look for you but nobody answered the door" Andy sits in front of me in the cafeteria praising me for the question. I'm not sure to tell him the truth, I have to talk to Brooklyn about it.

"I fell asleep early, I didn't even hear you knocked on the door, I was a little dead" I tell him the first thing that comes to my mind

"Anyway, something tells me you're not going to go out to that bar anymore. God, you surprised me that night" He's excited as he talks.
"What happened? I don't remember anything" I confess, eating my pie.
"Oh my god, really? You said a lot of nonsense and you danced like crazy but the worst was when..." I stop paying attention to what Andy says when I see Brook enter the cafeteria with his friends. This morning when we got to the room he said he was going to take a shower and he didn't come back after that. I waited for him to talk but the hunger was stronger than me and now I'm here.

He don't look at my table but it's normal, he never looks at my table and although I'm a little scared that he "forgot" everything happened last night, I don't think that's really the case. Why would he start looking at my table now if he never did it before?
"Jack!" Andy surprises me, I look at him confused.
"What happened?" I ask with my eyes open.
"I was telling you that on Friday you... well, you kissed the bartender in the bathroom," he says in a whisper so no one can hear him.
"What?" I can't believe what Andy just told me. I never kiss without any reason.
"I'm not judging you and maybe you just did it for alcohol but... are you gay?"

I'm really shocked by what Andy just told me but his question makes me laugh anyway.
"Yes" I say with a shrug, smiling. I'm not ashamed of my tastes, I'm never going to be. Andy seems a little shocked with my answer, I guess he expected a denial.
"Great" he says leaning back in his chair "I didn't know that the bartender was gay"
"Probably wasn't," I say as I take a little piece of pie and bring it to my mouth. I raise my head and it's just at that moment when I see him. Brook is looking at me intensely, I look at him in the same way he does until he looks away and begins to eat again.