It is real.

Chapter 20

Andy and I walked through the corridors of which I'm already starting to get tired, both laughing at the first time I kissed a boy, a pathetic kiss without question. The party has just ended and we are all returning to our rooms. Although it may not seem like it, was a good night. After our moment with Brook, both stayed with our friends and although sometimes we gave each other glances and secret smiles, that was all. I also spent time with Andy, laughing and playing dumb. In a nutshell, it was everything I could have asked for tonight.
We kept walking with Andy until we got to the point where we usually separated to go each to his room and we said goodbye there.

I keep walking, this time alone, with some people I don't know. Sometimes it bothers me not to have more friends or not being able to go back to the room with Brook. These are small details that would make a difference, mainly because I'm not a very lonely person.
I get to the room and when I open the door it's all dark, Brook hasn't arrived yet. I take off the shirt I'm wearing and replace it with my pajama shirt, I do the same with my pants and then lie on my bed. I'll wait for Brook to arrive, maybe we can have some time together.
I wait a few minutes until I feel my eyes begin to close and that's when Brook comes through the door.

"Hey," he says softly while he takes off his shoes. I sit on the bed and stretch my arms before answering.
"Hi," Brook changes his clothes just like me and then he approaches me.
"What's that?" He stops midway pointing to my guitar.
"A guitar?" I ask the obvious.
"Yeah, I know but what's it doing here? Is it yours?" He asks taking it from one side,
"Yes, my parents brought it today" I tell him. He looks at me with an almost radiant smile, the guitar continues in his hands.
"Do you want to play something for me?" He says, giving me the guitar. I give him a small smile of acceptance because I can't say no to this guy, not even if I propose it to myself.

"Okay..." I grab the guitar and set it on my lap. Brook sits next to me on the bed and looks expectantly "What do you want me play?" I ask.
"Whatever you want" he says supporting his hands on his legs, he seems so ready for this.
"Okay..." I say and start thinking, I need it to have a meaning, that it becomes something just for us. "It's a bit old but it's cute ... I'm just going to play a little bit." I let him know and I start to play the chords slowly, I don't want to play it to the rhythm of the original song, it would sound too much. I want it to be somewhat slow.

I play and play each of the chords that I remember, I play until I can't help but start singing the song.
"Well you done done me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks
And now I'm trying to get back
Before the cool done run out
I'll be giving it my best-est
And nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn
To win some or learn some
But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours"

I sing softly, slowly, making the song much more romantic than it is. I look at Brook, who looks at me like he never did before, his eyes transmit something I've never seen before, making my stomach tighten. I finished the song and I remain silent waiting for Brook to say something.
"I love you" he says suddenly, causing my mouth to open a few millimeters. My heart beats strongly against my chest, giving me the impression that it will come out at any moment. My head is blank because of the impact but I manage to open my mouth once more to say something.
"I-" Brook stops me taking my guitar and put it aside.

He take my face in his hands and put our lips together like never before. He kisses me with passion, love, happiness, with everything that can transmit me and leaves me completely overwhelmed, I can't even react correctly to the kiss for a few seconds. I also love this man, I love him much more than I could imagine but everything is happening so fast that I find it hard to assimilate. I'm afraid that none of this is real.
"What's wrong?" Brook says when I still don't reacting.
"I don't know, everything seems so unreal" I say lowering my head.
"Jack... it is real" he takes my chin between his fingers so I can look at him. "I promise you"