9. Carpe diem!

Akshita

As he took me away from his cousins angrily, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about what they said. Ashish could have done better. However, his words changed everything. 

He was standing so close to me, I could smell his amazing perfume. I couldn't point out what it was but it felt so good. He leaned down and kissed me on the cheek, and for a moment his lips lingered there, his soft lips grazed where he touched me moments ago. Desire ran through my body and a chill raced down my back. An audible breath left my lips, and I closed my eyes, completely taken by the effect his slight contact had on me.

When he removed his lips from my skin, I felt the loss of warmth. He was still close to me making me breathe hard, my chest moved rapidly at his closeness. I felt so shy.

"I am looking forward to spending my life with you." He whispered in my ear and left me there with a lunatic smile and ragged breathing.

He was looking forward to our life together. I was too.

God, what is he doing to me?

I controlled my breathing and raging emotions and went back into the hall.

"Where were you? I have been looking for you." My cousin, Soumya asked.

"Just went to the washroom." The lie came so smoothly from my mouth that even I could not doubt its validity.

"Oh okay, come it's time for exchanging the rings." She told me and took me towards the stage. I spotted Ashish already standing on the stage with his friends and family. My heart started hammering against my chest just by looking at him. He looked at me and smirked. He knew the effect he had on me. I walked forward and stood in front of him.

"Oh, Akshita is here. Let's exchange the rings." Someone said from the background. I was so busy looking at Ashish, I didn't even realise who spoke.

Ashish brought out a ring box from his pocket and opened it. The ring was so beautiful, studded with diamonds on the gold band and enhanced with a big square diamond in the middle.

He looked at me and raised his brows in question at me asking if I liked it

He looked at me and raised his brows in question at me asking if I liked it. I blinked my eyes at him and smiled. His lips turned into the biggest smile at my answer. He held my left hand and slipped on the ring on my ring finger. My mother gave me his ring and I slipped it on in his ring finger.

 My mother gave me his ring and I slipped it on in his ring finger