46. She has my heart

Akshita

"Chocolate mousse. The one you make." I answered as he asked me what I wanted to eat.

"Alright. I will be right back. You just sit here. Don't wander around. It's crowded outside, not good for you." He caressed my hair smiling and left for the kitchen.

I was in the mood of being clingy today so I came to Ashish's workplace with him. Since my second trimester started, everyone at home refused to let me go to college so I was being pampered at home. Pregnancy was tough, I had terrible morning sickness in my first trimester because of which I used to take leave from college every other day so after a thorough discussion, we decided that I stay at home during my pregnancy. Staying at home didn't mean that I lounged in my room all day. To have a healthy pregnancy, I do yoga and a few household chores as well to regulate my body.

My mood has also changed drastically during my pregnancy. I never realise why I lash out or laugh out loud or go crazy while crying. I didn't know that a woman had to go through so much to give birth. But pregnancy has its happy moments too; like the happiness of carrying a human in my womb, the happiness of getting extra love from parents, the happiness of getting every wish fulfilled by my husband, the happiness of being pampered like a princess. Although I was getting princess treatment since the beginning of my marriage, now the only change is that I throw tantrums which I never did before and get whatever I want, on top of that nobody says anything to me.

I always demand different sorts of food from Ashish and he never refuses me anything. Sometimes he even goes out of the way to fulfil my demands and cook the food himself. Seeing his love and respect for me, my love for him has only grown more. Come to think of it, love has no limit at all, it keeps growing every day.

Today when I demanded a chocolate mousse, Ashish just smiled and went to the restaurant kitchen to prepare it himself. Even if he has tonnes of work to do, I am always his priority which makes me the happiest.

At first, he didn't want to bring me to the restaurant today because of the crowd but I made puppy faces at him and even mamma asked him to bring me along for a change so he had to bring me here. I was sitting in his office quietly waiting for him to come back with my chocolate mousse. Thinking about the smoothness of the chocolate melting in my mouth, I started drooling.

To distract me, I began to go through Ashish's stuff in the office. When I opened one of his table drawers, I found that it was filled with pregnancy books. I sat on his chair and started to go through them. He had even made notes on them, highlighting the important parts. I felt touched by his thoughtfulness and my eyes teared up.

When Ashish came back with a bowl of chocolate mousse, I was full-on sobbing. When he saw me crying, he rushed to the table and knelt in front of me.

"What happened, sweetheart? Did you get hurt? Are you in pain? What's wrong? Tell me." He was panicking so much.

"Ashish..." I mumbled sniffling.

"Yes, yes, I am here. Tell me what's wrong." He asked wiping my tears with his fingers softly.

"Ashish, you are so adorable. You even made notes on the pregnancy books. That is so thoughtful." I said pouting.

"Huh...What?" He looked confused for a second and then looking at the books scattered on the table, he rolled his eyes at me.

"What am I gonna do with you?" He asked signing.

"Umm, you can just keep loving me for eternity," I replied cheekily.

"Ok. I will love you till eternity then. Deal?" He asked forwarding his hand out to me.

"Deal," I mumbled giggling and shook hands with him.