29. Divine feeling

Ashish

I stared at her, fascinated by her calm and serene sleeping face. She looked breathtakingly beautiful, beyond words and I was completely enchanted by her. My fingers traced the exquisite contour of her face, the delicate shell of her ear, the slimline of her neck. She opened her eyes to look at me and I felt the time stopped. I just stared into her eyes fully entrapped by their dark black colour and her long thick lashes under finely sculpted brows. Everything about her screamed in my head, mine...mine... mine... And it would always stay like that. She would always be mine; mine forever.

She raised her brows at me and her lips turned into a beautiful smile. My heart just melted right there and a sigh escaped my lips.

"What?" She asked in a sleepy voice. I was still forming my words, still trying to decide what to say to her. She kept a hand on my face and that simple touch spread heat in my body. I was wordless for the first time in my life and I was flabbergasted too. I was wordless because my wife had me completely enchanted by her beauty.

"Ashish?" She whispered my name and I hummed absentmindedly in response.

"Where are you lost?" She asked caressing my lips with her thumb.

"In you," I said grinning. She turned crimson hearing my response and took her hand away from my face. I pulled her hand back and kissed it.

"I love you so much," I whispered leaning forward and kissing her forehead. She raised her face towards me and kissed my forehead too. I closed my eyes at the warm and soft touch of her lips. Being with her bestows me with a divine feeling.

"And I, you." She said smiling at me.

"Let's wake up or else I will just end up tiring you more," I said with a sly smirk.

"You, sir, are insatiable." She said blushing and whacked me lightly on my forehead. We both woke up and brushed our teeth.

"What do you want for breakfast?" She asked before going to the kitchen.

"Are you on the menu?" I asked wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Jeez! So cheesy, husband. And no, I am not on the menu." She said ruffling my hair. I chuckled lightly and leaned towards her lips.

"Can I at least get a teeny weeny kiss?" I said puckering my lips like a kid. She giggled and pushed me away.

"Get ready. I am making breakfast." She said pushing me to the washroom and left to the kitchen.

"This is what being in a happy relationship feels like. Gosh! She will be the death of me." I muttered to myself keeping a hand over my heart.

After I got ready, I went to join her in the kitchen. She was trying to make pancakes, trying because a mountain of burnt pancakes was placed on the plate beside her.

"Why is it not coming out properly? Urgh!!!" She muttered to herself in frustration. I stood by the kitchen door for some time and watched her burning a few more pancakes. She was constantly muttering to herself in annoyance and was blaming the pancake for burning, which made her look so adorable.

"Urghhh!!! I am not making you anymore. Go away." She pushed the pan and burnt her hand in the process, hissing painfully.

"Ouch!!!" I went inside the kitchen immediately and took her hand in mine.

"You are such an idiot. Why are you even making it when you don't know how to? I could have made it. And who asked you to push the hot pan like that. God, this girl!" I babbled on and washed her hand with cold water. Turning the gas stove off, I took Akshita with me to the bathroom to apply ointment on her burnt hand.