33. My Queen

Akshita

"Ok, I am done." I came out wearing my clothes from before and Ashish got the other dress packed.

"I am sorry we have to halt our shopping spree for this nonsensical lunch." I felt so guilty that our trip was cut short because of me and now we both would have to endure a dreadful afternoon with devil spawns.

"Who said we are stopping it? We will continue it after this 'Bff's lunch'." Ashish smirked air-quoting his words making me laugh. This guy could lift my mood at any time. 

"Can I say it again that you are crazy but you are my crazy?" I said giggling and stepped closer to him to plant a kiss on his cheek. He looked at me with an open mouth because there were people around who were looking at us and Ashish would have never expected me to be so open in public.

"Close your mouth, baby," I said winking at him.

"Man, I am definitely dreaming, this can't be my shy wife," Ashish muttered under his breath.

"I heard that," I said pulling him with me outside the store. He chuckled at my childish behaviour. We started looking for the restaurant where we were supposed to have lunch with my schoolmates.

"Hmm, so let's see where this restaurant is. Oh, see there it is." Ashish said pointing at a restaurant. I felt uneasy about meeting my old schoolmates and stopped for a few minutes. Ashish turned around and looked at me with a smile as he saw my fidgeting fingers.

"Don't you know we are stronger together? Who can dare to hurt my queen anyway? Don't fret over it and relax. I will be there with you, my love." His words brought a big smile to my face and I truly felt like a queen because he is my King.

"Let's get it over with," I said sighing and held Ashish's hand tightly to calm myself.

We both entered the restaurant and my eyes wandered around to look for my former bullies. Before we could spot any of them, they spotted us. There were ten of them, six girls and four guys from my school. I remembered each one of them.

"Ashish, here. Please come." Sameera came bouncing towards my husband and tried pulling him with herself. I muttered some colourful words in my mind for her.

Ashish pulled me alongside and whispered, "Feels like I am meeting my schoolmates." in my ear and we both chuckled.

I strode along with my husband towards the group. As we stopped, I gave them one of my brightest smiles.

"Hi, guys," I greeted them all with a confident smile. They looked at me from top to bottom, with shock written all over their faces. I knew they would be surprised because not only my appearance has changed but my way of talking has also changed, leaving me with kind of a new personality altogether.

"Oh wow, Akshita. You have changed so much. You look sexy, I mean beautiful." One of the guys commented giving me a flirty grin.

"Thanks...uh... I am sorry I don't remember your name." I said making an innocent face. Of course, I knew his name, he was Sameera's pet in school after all. Ashish stifled his laugh with a cough.

"Uh... I am... Vishal, you remember I used to sit behind you." He sputtered, clearly feeling embarrassed. All his flirting was gone now.

"Oh, ok. This is my husband, Ashish." I introduced him to my schoolmates. He smiled and shook hands with them. I could see they were all fawning over him and I should be happy about it but I was getting jealous and possessive over him.

"Hi, Ashish. We didn't know Akshita got married to such a handsome man." Shamya said fluttering her eyes rapidly at him in a flirty manner. She was the same girl I thought Ashish would look good with when he came to see me for the second time. My apologies, she doesn't and would never have looked good with Ashish. Ashish is only Akshita's.