13. Finally happy

Akshita

I woke up feeling refreshed and stretched my arms smiling.

"Hmm, I had such good sleep," I mumbled yawning with eyes still closed.

But when I opened my eyes, I was met with unfamiliar surroundings. I was so tired and sick last night that I couldn't care much about my surroundings. Now that I am looking properly, I realise that this is my new room which is decorated quite tastefully. It was a master bedroom in a brown and cream coloured theme with wooden fittings all over. I stood up from the bed and took in the whole ambience of the room with awe. There was a small sitting area with four sofas and a coffee table, at the other end of the room and a big fifty-two-inch screen was on the wall opposite the bed. A king-size bed was placed along the wooden wall, on which I was sprawled like a cat a few seconds ago. To the side of my bed, a translucent sliding glass door was left open which I remembered is the dressing room Ashish showed me last night.

I looked over to the digital clock placed on the bedside table, yawning

I looked over to the digital clock placed on the bedside table, yawning. When I saw the time, drowsiness left me immediately. It was three in the afternoon, I hurriedly ran to the adjoined dressing room. I have probably never slept so much in my whole life. My bags were nowhere to be seen so instead, I opened the wardrobe to wear the clothes from it. I was shocked when I saw every single item from my bag neatly placed inside the wardrobe. It was so thoughtful of Ashish to get my clothes arranged. I admired Ashish in my mind for a good few minutes before returning to my panic mode of getting late.

I paced inside the room, thinking of some ideas which would help me in hiding my embarrassment in front of my new family members. I still can't believe that I slept till so late. What am I gonna do? There will be so many relatives outside. Oh, God! So embarrassing!

"Akshita, are you in there?" I heard Ashish's voice from inside the room.

"Yeah." I squeaked, my voice wasn't coming out great partially because my throat was still a little uneasy and partially because I was nervous. Ashish came to the dressing room and smiled when he saw me.

"How do you feel?" He asked placing his palm on my forehead to feel the temperature.

"I am fine," I said looking down. I was feeling so embarrassed about my situation.

"Is something the matter?" He asked, placing his palms on my face.

"It's so late, Ashish. I am so sorry. I don't know how I slept till this late. Believe me, I have never..." I rambled in panic but he cut me off mid-sentence.

"Shhh... It's not your mistake, you were not responding to me in the morning so I called the doctor. He gave you an injection and that's why you were still sleeping." He explained.

"Oh!"

"Yeah, oh." He chuckled knocking his fingers on my forehead.

"Still, I am such a weird bride. I fell sick on my wedding day. I have never heard that before. Everyone must be talking about me." I said rubbing my forehead.