40. That's what love is

Akshita

We went home after our heated make-out session, parked on the side of an empty road. I slept after taking my medicine and Ashish went back to the office after making sure I was asleep. When I woke up, I was feeling itchy and annoyed all over again so I called Ashish to disturb him at work.

"Did my sleepyhead wake up?" He asked sweetly and I instantly felt better hearing his voice.

"Yeah, and your sleepyhead is missing you loads," I muttered pouting. Suddenly, I felt like one of those people on whom memes are made, the ones who talk to their better halves in baby-like voices, calling them cheesy names. But then, I realised I always behave that way when I miss Ashish.

"I miss you, too. I am just about finished. I will probably be home in an hour or so." He told me and giggles erupted out of me.

"Mamma once told me that your hour is not 60 minutes," I told him while chuckling.

"I have changed now. When it comes to you, my hour is 60 minutes only and I will prove that to you." I could hear a slight sensual edge in his voice which made me blush.

"Have I changed you from Workaholic Ashish into cheesy Ashish?" I teased him.

"Hate to admit it but yes. I am a cheesy Ashish now. Thanks to my very talented wife." He said in a flirty tone.

"Yeah. You have lots of work to do so stop flirting with me and get back to work, sir. Bye." I hung up the call, blushing like a fool. Sometimes, even his normal talks made me blush so much.

I went to the living room where Khushi and I chatted for some time. She will be going back a day after tomorrow because her second-semester exams were starting soon. While talking to her, I realised that it has been six months since my marriage. Wow! Time sure flew fast. The past couple of months have been crazy amazing.

Sometime later, mamma also came back from her sister's place and papa got scolded for not taking proper care of me and letting me go to college.

Mamma didn't let me help in any kitchen chores and made dinner with Papa and Khushi's help because our maid was on leave. I just sat on the chair talking and laughing with them. My heart melted at the sweet love of my little family and I felt grateful for these blessings.

Ashish also came back after an hour as he promised. He was about to go to our room to change his clothes after greeting everyone when he mouthed me to follow behind him. I glared at him and gestured towards everyone. Mamma cleared her throat at us as we mouthed things at each other, believing that we were being sneaky but we got caught by her pretty soon. We looked at her and she smirked at us while Khushi and papa chuckled.

"Uff, this young love!!!" Mamma exclaimed, sighing at us.

"Yeah, the one who has the most "young love" vibes here are probably you guys," Ashish said pointing at mamma-papa, making us all laugh.

"So? We should always keep loving our life partner." Papa said, side-hugging mamma.
Aww, So sweet!

"I suddenly feel so single," Khushu muttered, pouting.

"Then get a boyfriend," Ashish said bumping his shoulder with hers to tease her.

"Err...Thanks for the suggestion, bhai but no thanks," She said scrunching up her nose as if Ashish's suggestion annoyed her a lot.

"Ok, I will go to change. Since it's already revealed that I was asking Akshita to come with me, I am taking her along with me." Ashish said smirking at me and pulled me with him to our room, leaving the others chuckling at us.