30. Gazing at the stars

Akshita

"Good morning." He whispered, softly kissing me. Lately, all our mornings start like this, with him waking me up with a stunning smile and a heartwarming kiss.

"Good morning," I replied, smiling back at him. We had been in Zermatt for over a week and we have done so many fun activities that I have never even imagined I would do in my life - snowboarding, skiing, ice-skating and also I have become a pro at falling now. I have forgotten the number of times I have tumbled on the snow and embarrassed myself. This trip made me realise how clumsy I could be.

"Where do you want to fall today?" Ashish asked chuckling.

"I didn't realise you are so mean," I said slapping him lightly on his shoulder.

"Okay, sorry." He said pouting, making a cute face.

"Stop making cute faces. Gosh! It's so difficult to be angry with you. What is happening in the world? People like me get swayed by the cute faces of their husbands, huh!!!" I exclaimed dramatically.

"So much drama this early." I giggled at his response.

"I learnt from the best," I said giggling and kissed him on the cheek.

"I don't want to fall today. Can we do something else, where falling won't be an option for me?" I asked chuckling.

"I have already planned our today's date, Mrs Bansal." He answered with a sly grin.

"Date? But I wasn't even asked properly." I mumbled, pretending to be upset.

"Hmm, let's see. My beautiful, gorgeous darling, would you like to go out with me?" He asked pulling me over himself.

"I would love to." He gazed at me while looking happy and pleased by himself.

"Why are you so cute?" I muttered kissing both his cheeks.

"What is it with you girls calling guys cute? Guys are not cute, they can be hot, handsome, sexy but not cute." He grumbled, making a cute annoyed face.

"Really? Then what is with you guys not accepting the fact that you are cute? Hot, sexy, handsome etc. adjectives have their own place but cute has its own feel. Leave it, Mr husband, you won't understand." I said, patting his face like dealing with a baby.

"Shall we get ready? I will make breakfast." I said moving over from him.

"Yeah. Let's eat out though. I didn't bring you here to make me breakfast. This is your leisure time." He said grinning, pulling me back over himself.

"As you say, sir. Let me go, then. I am gonna take a shower." I mumbled, struggling from his grip.

"Now this is something I don't like about you. You don't think about the environment." He said in a serious tone.

"Huh?" I looked at him perplexed.

"Save some water, sweetheart. Anyways, I would like to contribute my fraction, at least. I am a responsible human being." He said mischievously, getting up from the bed and picking me up in his arms, took me to the bathroom with him.

"Ashish, you are impossible," I muttered whacking him on his forehead.

"Am I? Let me show you what is not impossible though." He said huskily over my ear and turned on the hot shower.

_______

We both were late for breakfast, as usual, it was already afternoon when we left the cottage.

"Come on now, tell me where are we going. Please." I said jutting out my lower lip to add to the effect. He stopped in his tracks and gave me a you-are-totally-crazy look.