15. Anchor

Akshita

I woke up early and smiled remembering what happened last night. I had my very first kiss and it was a heavenly experience. The feel of Ashish's lips on mine was something else, something beyond words. I blushed and looked at the time, it was seven in the morning but Ashish was not on his side of the bed.

Where did he go? I frowned, shook my head and went to the washroom to get ready. After taking a shower, I wore a blue saree that had embroidery on the borders with a striped full-sleeved blouse. It took me just fifteen minutes to wear a saree because it was one of the first things taught by my mother. I did my usual makeup with lipstick, mascara, kohl and eyeshadow and tied my hair in a bun.

 I did my usual makeup with lipstick, mascara, kohl and eyeshadow and tied my hair in a bun

After getting ready, I went outside to the kitchen. There was a maid there who was preparing everything for breakfast.

"Good morning, bhabhi ji." She greeted me with a smile. She was a young girl probably in her late teens.

"Good morning. What is the usual time everyone gets up?" I asked her.

"Ashish bhaiya is awake, he goes for jogging and Khushi didi is not an early riser but sometimes she also goes for jogging. Today, she is going to be late. Uncle-aunty are also awake, aunty just went to her room after giving me some work. She will come back in a few minutes." She said it all in one go making me chuckle.

"Okay, okay. Slow down." She smiled sheepishly at me.

"Do you prepare breakfast every day?" I asked looking around the interior of the kitchen. It was modern, sleek and everything was so updated, not even a single thing out of its place. It was the kind of kitchen where I loved working. I am not chef-level good in cooking but my food is generally tasty. And I love cooking.

"No. I don't prepare breakfast. I just do some preparation. Aunty prepares breakfast." I came out of my zone hearing her voice.

"Oh! What's your name?" I asked with a smile.

"Sunita." She answered.

"Okay, Sunita. I will prepare the breakfast today, just tell me what everyone eats."

"Okay bhabhi. As you say." She told me about everyone's choices and left to do the other chores. I started preparing breakfast for everyone happily.

"Good morning." I looked to the side after hearing Ashish's voice.

"Good morning," I said smiling shyly. He was standing leaning on the door with a big smile on his face, wearing jogger pants and a skin fit t-shirt which was clinging to his perfectly toned and muscled body. I cleared my throat and tried to concentrate on making breakfast.
Keyword - tried.

"You look beautiful." He said wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"Thank you," I said looking down shyly.