32. Making a statement

Ashish

"Let's go then." She muttered pecking my lips and pulled me with her.

"Stop!" I exclaimed pulling her back.

"What?" She asked confused.

"First, let's change our clothes."

"Why? What's wrong with these?" She asked, looking down at her dress.

"Nothing. Just we need to make a statement in front of your parents so go wear jeans."

"Oh!" Her eyes twinkled with mischief.

"Yeah, oh. Now, change." She nodded giggling and went to change her clothes in the bathroom while I changed mine in the room itself.

I was wearing my office clothes so I was anyway going to change them. I wore a black sweater and black jeans with a long plain beige collar-down coat. Akshita also came quickly after changing her clothes, wearing the black sweater and jeans like me but with a plain green-collar down coat. We purchased these coats in Switzerland together.

As we both saw each other, we laughed

"Matching." She giggled.

"Yep. Now, let's go." I muttered and we both went outside.

"Ask." She nudged me towards her parents while we were standing at the door of the living room.

"I am not asking. I am just going to inform them." I said shrugging my shoulders and held her hand in mine, pulling her alongside me.

"Mom, Dad," I called them and they looked at us smiling. Looking over at Akshita's clothes, their smiles faltered but they quickly recovered and plastered their usual smiles.

"We are going outside. We will eat both lunch and dinner out. You guys don't mind, right?" I asked sweetly.

They first looked at me weirdly and then they were beaming full-on and nodding their approvals like they were the happiest people in the world.

"Of course, son. You don't even have to ask. Go, go. Have fun. Akshita, show him all the places." Akshita's dad said, looking at her. Akshita nodded at him with a smile. I could see she was trying to hold her laugh so hard.

I muttered a quick goodbye to Akshita's parents and pulled her outside with me.

She busted out laughing as soon as we were outside the house.

"It was so difficult to control my laughter there. Their expressions were so funny. I am never going to forget this and neither are they." She said giggling.

"Aww, you look so beautiful," I muttered kissing her cheek. Her cheeks turned pink in a second and she started looking around to check if anyone saw us.

"Ashish, we are outside. Anyone can see us." She said widening her eyes.

"So? I am not kissing some random person. I am kissing my legally wedded wife." I said casually, shrugging my shoulders.