Missing You...

This Oneshot is based around this song and a few years after the attack on Corona. Again the reader will be Rapunzel's sister (Not all the oneshots will be like this). Varian is in his cell and is not expecting a visit from you. He starts singing this song as you are walking down the hall of the dungeon. You later join in knowing how much you miss him back. Enjoy! :3

~

Today you were going to visit Varian in his cell. Its been a few years since you've seen him. Its been a few years since the.. incident.

Varian didn't know you were coming but I'm sure he wouldn't mind your presence. Hopefully.

You thought he despised you since you were Rapunzel's sister and because you took her side during the attack. You knew that Rapunzel was wrong for not keeping her promise to Varian. You were a little angry with her for not trying to help him even after the storm cleared. (YEAH RAPUNZEL >:O)

But you knew she was sorry. She tried apologizing to Varian but he didn't forgive her. You could see how sad she was, how disappointed she was in herself. After the storm cleared, you wanted to help Varian so badly. But you caught a cold during it, your father made you stay home.

By the time you recovered, it was too late. Varian was planning on attacking the kingdom and attempted to kill your mother, your sister, and Cassandra. Not to mention the rest of the kingdom.

...

Once you were almost to Varian's cell. You heard singing. Varian was singing. You got closer to the cell and poked your head around the wall and looked into the cell. Varian hadn't noticed you.

Varian: "Yes, I do, I believe that one day I will be, where I was right there, right next to you."

You listened to his soft and sad voice, you couldn't help but tear up at his sad and lonely face.

Varian: "And it's hard, the days just seem so dark. The moon, and the stars are nothing without you."

Varian looked out the small barred window in his cell. The moonlight shown down on his face and you can see tears in his eyes as well.

Varian: "Your touch, your skin, where do I begin? No words can explain, the way I'm missing you."

You watched as Rudiger climbed into his lap and snuggle into him to comfort him. How you wished you could be the one to comfort him.

Varian: "Deny, this emptiness, this hole that I'm inside. These tears, they tell their own story."

Tears rolled down his cheeks and you tried to blink back yours, but they slipped out and down your cheek.

Varian: "You told me not to cry when you were gone. But the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong."

Varian wiped those tears away but more started to form in his eyes. You continued to listen to his song as you and him remembered the times you spent with each other.

Varian: "Can I lay by your side, next to you? You.."

He looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes. Singing with full compassion. He's changed since that incident. You could tell that he just wanted to go home.

Varian: "And make sure you're alright. I'll take care of you."

You wiped your tears and continued to listen to him sing. Even if it was sad, his voice was calming.

Varian: "And I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight."

You: "I'm reaching out to you. Can you hear my call?"

You joined in and stepped out in front of the cell so Varian could see you. Varian looked at you and his eyes widened.

You: "This hurt that I've been through. I'm missing you, missing you like crazy."

Rudiger jumped off of Varian's lap and ran over to you. Varian then stood up and walked over to you. You placed your right hand on the cold cell bar.

You: "You told me not to cry when you were gone. But the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong."

You remembered the betrayed look in Varian's eyes when he was being dragged away in that carriage. Heading back to the castle to be put in jail.

You: "Can I lay by your side, next to you? You.."

You felt tears filling your eyes again. You wanted to hold Varian in your arms again. But these bars were keeping you two apart.

You: "And make sure you're alright. I'll take care of you."

You looked into Varian's soft blue eyes, and as you did, Varian placed his gloved hand on your cheek. You leaned into his touch.

You: "And I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight."

Varian wiped your tears but more still slipped down. You wanted Varian out of that cell and into your arms. No matter how much begging it would take for your father to let him out.

You: "Lay me down tonight, lay me by your side."

Varian: "Lay me down tonight, lay me by your side."

He repeated those words back to you, you could see how much he wanted to get out of that cell.

Both: "Can I lay by your side, next to you? You.."

You both sang in unison. You held up your left hand and Varian placed his hand that was on your cheek, onto yours.

Once you finished singing, you rested your forehead against Varian's. You closed your eyes and you started sobbing. Varian wanted to hold you so badly, but all he could do was wipe your tears away.

You calmed down a bit but you could still feel tears streaming down your cheeks. Varian cupped your cheek in his hand and leaned in. You did the same and your lips were met with warm soft ones.

You kissed for a while until pulling away. You didn't want to leave Varian, but you had to return to your room.

You gave Varian one last kiss before heading back through the hallway of the dungeon, and back to your room.

~

I had this idea for a while ever since I listened to this song but the version that I listened to was a bit different from this one. So I made Varian and "you" sing together at the end of the song. Here's the version I listened to (Personally I like this one better :3):

Tell me which version of the song you liked better in the comments! Thanks for reading! :3