Separated

"Varian!!"

"(Y/N), help!!"

You struggled to break free from their grips, but they only tightened around your arms. Two of them were dragging him away.

"No!! Don't take him away from me!!"

You cried and screamed, thrashing around and reaching out to him as he quickly faded into the distance. What were they going to do with him? You didn't know.

"VARIAN!!"

You jolted awake, you were sweating and your heart was pounding against your chest. You tried to control your breathing as you ran your fingers through your damp (H/C) hair.

That's the 4th time this week you've had that nightmare. But it wasn't just some trick to mess with your mind, this was a memory. A terrible memory that you just couldn't forget, no matter how hard you tried.

You sighed and wiped your tear-stained cheeks before getting out of bed. Checking the time, you realized that it was 4 am, meaning that you've only gotten an hour of sleep.

You walked out of your room inside the caravan and stepped out onto the cold wet grass, taking a deep breath of the fresh air to calm yourself down.

It was quiet and the only sounds that could be heard were the sound of the wind blowing through the trees and the chirping of birds.

Walking deep into a nearby woods, you started humming a small tune. One that was all too familiar. The wind began to pick up once you had sat down on a mossy log.

Another memory started playing in your head as you stared off at nothing but the wilderness.

You were sitting on the couch, reading a book by candlelight. The crackling of the fire in the fireplace filled the room, but it wasn't distracting.

A small and quick knock was heard by the door to the living room, causing you to look up. You smiled once you saw Varian standing in the doorway.

"Hey Varian, what are you doing up?" You asked as you placed a bookmark between the pages before setting it aside.

The young boy glanced up at you with his sky blue eyes. "I-I can't sleep." He replied quietly while rubbing his arm.

You hummed in response and patted the space next to you. "Here, come lay with me for a while."

Varian smiled a little and he gladly took the seat beside you, now laying his head in your lap and staring up at you.

Suppressing a giggle, you started to gently run your fingers through his raven black hair. "Want me to sing you a lullaby?" You calmly asked, making Varian chuckle.

"I'm not a child, (Y/N)."

You shook your head and shushed him. "Lullabies can help anyone fall asleep silly."

Varian gave in and got himself comfortable, waiting for you to begin.

"Any requests Var?" You asked while slipping a blanket over your boyfriend.

"R-Remember what my mom used to sing to us when we were little?" He slowly asked.

You thought about it for a moment before smiling and nodding. "Of course, how could I forget?" You cleared your throat, now ready to sing.

"Where the Northwind, meets the sea. There's a river, full of memory."

You stared down at Varian, just loving his adorable and gentle smile on his face as you sang to him.