Meeting an Alchemist (Part 4!)

The next day, you and Rapunzel were walking down a hallway. It was the day before your sister's coronation, meaning she finally was able to become an official princess of Corona.

You had a new friend with you, Rapunzel's lady-in-waiting, Cassandra. She was trying to to get Rapunzel ready in order to meet with many important people from other kingdoms.

Maids were all over her, doing her hair, and fixing her dress. You already had gotten ready, but you were afraid of the maids trying to fix you up as well.

Cassandra finally shooed the maids off and you all walked into Rapunzel's room. Your father shortly came in and gave you and your sister a hug.

"H-hey dad, could I skip meeting everyone? Besides, I already did that a long time ago!" You asked nervously.

Thing is, you already met with people from other kingdoms when you were younger. You just wanted to hang out with Varian for the rest of the day.

"And why do you want to skip this so badly?" Your father asked, straightening his posture.

"W-well I wanted to visit a friend for the day!"

He crossed his arms and rose an eyebrow. "And visiting a friend is more important?"

You slumped your shoulders and pouted. "No.." you said with a sigh.

"Then you already know my answer. I'll let you visit your friend after. Finish getting ready you two, it's almost time." Your father then turned around and left the room.

You and Cassandra helped Rapunzel finish getting ready. When you were done, you all headed to the front of the castle where your parents were waiting.

When people started arriving, Rapunzel didn't know how to greet them. She even pulled one of the dukes into a bear hug, you couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

Making first impressions wasn't something she was good at. I mean, she was locked in a tower for 18 years with no social interaction with other people.

...

After meeting with everyone, again, you asked your dad if you could see "your friend" again.

"As long as he lives here in the kingdom, I don't see why not."

"Does Old Corona count?" You asked while rubbing your arm.

Your father stood there for a minute, thinking while tapping his foot. "Only if a guard is with you."

"But dad! I don't need a guard anymore! Rapunzel's home safe, see?" You pointed to Rapunzel who was talking to Eugene, she noticed you were looking and waved to you. You waved back of course.

"Yes, I know. But that still doesn't mean there's someone out there who will take you from me."

You sighed and looked down. "I understand father. But don't you think it's time to let me go places without a guard?"

Again, your father thought about it for a moment. "Actually, yes."

You looked back up at your father and your eyes lit up. "R-Really?!"

"But! I do want someone to come with you, I might just have that someone waiting for you. Come with me." He held out his hand to you and you took it, curiosity taking over your mind.

...

You and your father got to the throne room and when he opened the door, you saw Pete holding a dog with white fur.