Lost in the Cold

Some of this is will be in Varian's POV but then it will go back to Third Person. Not going to spoil anything in this authors note so let's just get started! :D

~

Varian's POV:

Here I am, running through this blasted storm again. Almost freezing to death as I'm heading back home.

As I'm rushing home, I recall what had happened to me just moments ago...

"Princess! My dad needs help!"

"No, don't hurt him!"

"Rapunzel! You promised! YOU PROMISED!"

A few hours ago, I had ran from my village to the kingdom of Corona through this storm, and for nothing!

I came to Corona for help and I didn't get any! Instead, I was thrown out here to fend for myself. I risked my life and for what?!

I clutched my cloak and pushed myself forward, I was starting to get tired and my legs were slowing down as I forced myself through the thick snow.

But I couldn't stop now. I had to save my dad, with, or without the princesses help.

As I trudged through the snow, I saw a black silhouette of something laying down in front of me in the distance. I wasn't sure if I should approach it, but I did anyway.

When I got close enough, I realized that it was a girl. I rushed over to her, she wasn't moving. Her (H/C) and clothes were covered with snow and her skin was so pale.

I couldn't just leave her here! She's going to freeze to death! But, my dad...

No. I picked her up in my arms and she was surprisingly light. I didn't care how tired I was, I was going to get her somewhere warm.

...

A few agonizing minutes later, I finally made it home. I rushed inside and slammed the door.

"Dad- dad the princess refused to help but- Dad?.." When I turned around, I couldn't believe my eyes. My dad had been fully encased in the amber... I almost dropped the girl in my arms as I stared at my trapped dad in horror.

I then ran to him, trying to keep myself from dropping the girl. "Oh no. No no, no! NO!" I looked up at my dad, tears instantly filling my eyes. "Dad! Daddy!- No! No no no, no!" I dropped down to my knees and began to cry. "No..."

I sat on my knees, crying and clutching the girl in my arms. I then looked at her, her face was still very pale and her breathing was slow.

I wiped my tears and looked up at my father before standing up and rushing upstairs.

I laid the girl on my couch and I started a fire in the fireplace. I knew the heat wouldn't reach her if she was on the couch, so I grabbed a couple more blankets and laid one down on the floor next to the fireplace.

I took off her coat which was now starting to get damp from the snow melting, and I hung it up to dry.

I gently picked the girl up again and laid her down on the blanket. Taking another one and draping it around her weak body.

As I watched her, I wondered why she was out there in the storm alone.

I gently brushed a strand of hair out of her face and saw how red her cheeks and nose were.

I sighed and stood up, should I go back to my dad? Or, should I stay here with the girl?

I decided to stay. I didn't want to see my dad like that right now. I walked over to the couch and sat down, waiting for the girl to wake up.