Heartless?

Picture above is not mine ⤴

Small warning: Mentions of blood, violence, and death.

~

The ship briefly rocked from side to side as it traveled through the water of the unending sea.

Where was it headed? You didn't know. Your head was swarming with thoughts as you stared at the wooden floor.

You shifted your hands only a little, as they were tied to a pole with a rope that had dug into your skin, leaving rope burns around your wrists.

Your breathing was slow, but it wasn't calm. You wanted to go home, but they had other plans for you.

For you, you were a magical spirit born as a young girl. You grew up with unknown powers, but you would soon find out what they were in a few days.

Your 15th birthday was coming up, your family was so delighted and couldn't wait to see what powers you would inherit.

But your powers were never supposed to be used for evil doings, they were supposed to be given to you in order to do good and to keep the peace in your home.

And that's how you ended up here. Word had gotten out that your powers were soon to blossom, it got out pretty fast.

It spread like a wildfire, and with that, almost everyone in the kingdom of Corona had known. Even the criminals.

One night, there was a breakout. Lady Caine and her goons had escaped undetected and had snatched you right under your parent's noses.

No one would know of your disappearance until morning.

A tear rolled down your cheek and was absorbed by the fabric of the handkerchief that was tied tightly around your head. You were uncomfortable, but they didn't care.

Light peered in as the door to the cabin opened. One of the criminals had stepped in, but you kept your head down and kept silent, it was no use to try and struggle your way out.

The clunking of their boots got louder before they stopped in front of you, you could see their shadow.

You shivered in fear as they stared at you. Not a word was said from them, which worried you.

Then they sighed, sitting down and placing their hands in their lap. You glanced up at them and saw that it was the boy who sat next to you in the get-away carriage on the night you were taken.

He had midnight black hair with an odd but cute turquoise streak in his bangs, his cheeks were dotted with freckles, and he had blue eyes that were always so unreadable.

You flinched as he cleared his throat. "I'm not going to hurt you." He said in a low and calm voice. "But I want you to understand what we're going to use you for once we get to our destination."

You already knew the possibilities, but you didn't want to understand them. They would either sell you, manipulate you into joining them and use your powers against innocent people, or they would kill you and take your money if they haven't done so already.

"You do understand, right?" The boy asked, tilting his head to the side almost innocently.

You were afraid to answer, but you slowly nodded, another tear had slipped down your cheek which didn't go unnoticed.

The boy sighed and used the sleeve of his shirt to wipe your tear away, you looked down and your cheeks went red in embarrassment.

He didn't say another word and got up, leaving and locking the door behind him. Once it was quiet again, you started to cry but you tried to keep it silent as the criminals would yell at you for disturbing them.