I Know It's Today!

Sorry it took a while for me to get to this request! I still hope you enjoy! (More requests coming up soon! Hopefully 😅)

Some things will be changed from the original song/dialogue.

Requested by: TheGirlInTheLilyPads

~

"And they lived happily ever after! The End!" Your young self said cheerfully as you closed one of the many books about Fairytales you owned. "What did you think Varian?"

Your best friend, Varian, yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Boooring, you read that book like a thousand times already!"

"Pfft, so what? You know you like them!" Varian rolled his eyes as you grabbed another book and plopped down on a (F/C) heart cushion.

You cleared your throat as you opened the new book and you began to sing, "There's a princess, in a tower. Oh my gosh, that's just like me!"

"But you're not in a tower-"

"SH! Poor Rapunzel needs a haircut. But the witch won't set her free."

Varian sighed and just decided to sit next to you, looking over your shoulder as you sang about the story in your hands.

"She passes time by singing, like someone else I know," You gestured to yourself and continued to sing. "As years go by... wait, as years go by?"

You flipped the page and skimmed it a bit. "Uh oh... a torturous existence. I don't remember this part! She wishes she were dead?! Skip ahead, skip ahead!"

You quickly turned the rest of the pages making Varian chuckle to himself. You finally stopped with a few more pages left. "But, in the end, Rapunzel finds a millionaire. The prince is good at climbing, and braiding golden hair!"

Closing the book, you got up and started dancing around your room. "So I know, he'll appear. 'Cause there are rules and there are strictures!" Now hugging the book, you turned toward Varian who was tilting his head to the side. "I believe the storybooks I read, by candlelight."

"My white knight, and his steed, will look just like these pictures!" You flipped to a random page and shoved the book into Varian's hands, showing him a picture of a "handsome" prince which made him cringe a little.

"It won't be long now, I guarantee!" You sat back down on your heart cushion and took the book back from Varian as he packed his things, getting ready to go back home. "Day number... twenty-three! I know its today, I know its today!~"

Varian watched as you flopped onto your back and smiled a little, he then waved to you when you looked at him and he walked out of your room.

...

A few years later you were back in your room with Varian, you giggled to yourself as you pulled a book off of your shelf. Varian sighed and waited for more storytelling.

"Here's a good one! It's a classic! There's a princess, in a coma. Glad it's her instead of me!" You sang again, sitting down next to your best friend.

You pointed to the words on each page as you read along. "Pretty maiden, in a glass box. How I wonder, 'does she pee?'"

Varian looked at you with a bit of disgust as you continued to flip through the pages. "Blah blah blah, poison apple, boring boring, evil queen. Filler filler, been there, read that. 7 shorties on the scene. Skip ahead, skip ahead!"