What's a Soulmate?

"Daddy, what's a soulmate?" A little girl with (H/C) hair and blue eyes asked as she plopped down on her father's lap.

A young man with black hair and blue eyes smiled at his daughter and replied, "It's a... well, it's like a best friend and more."

The little girl listened to her father quietly, waiting for him to continue.

"It's the one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else." Her father said, reaching over to the end table and gently grabbing a small picture frame. The picture showed a young woman, her small smile would never disappear.

His daughter looked at the picture with interest and wonder, but a sad feeling pulled at her heart.

"It's someone who makes you a better person. Actually, they don't make you a better person, you do that yourself." The young man said again, chuckling quietly after his sentence.

"Because they inspire you."

A flash of memory crossed his mind; a young girl, around 14, had a bright smile on her face while showing him something on a paper. He remembered what it said, but he could no longer picture it.

"A soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever." He gazed at the picture, and his daughter gently put her small hand on the surface.

He smiled again at his daughter, soon adjusting her on his lap. "It's the one person who... who knew you and accepted you and believed in you before anyone else did, or when no one else would."

He heard the girl's laughter in his head, the sweet melody that he would never forget. He knew she believed in him, and he believed in her.

"And no matter what happens, you'll always love them." The young man's voice was laced with happiness and sorrow, how he missed holding her hand and looking into her soft (E/C) eyes that would never stop sparkling, not even for a second.

His daughter looked up at her father with a sad expression, she knew how much pain he was in even if she didn't fully understand it. But she knew he kept fighting, for her.

The man hugged his daughter with his free arm, causing her to giggle a little. They both continued to look at the picture.

"Nothing could ever change that." He said with a small smile on his freckled face.

He remembered her so well, every shape of her body, the way her (H/C) hair blew in the wind and how soft it would feel when he ran his fingers through it. He remembered her smile, her perfect white teeth. How he wished he could hold her again.

"Um, hi. My name is Varian." His voice rang through his head.

"My name is (Y/N), it's wonderful to meet you, Varian." A girl replied. And then she smiled, that's what he was after. The smile in her eyes, the sound of her laughter.

But all it was now, was a memory. A memory, that would never be forgotten until the day he died.

Varian missed you dearly, but he had to push through his suffering. For your daughter.

He sighed and placed the picture back where it was before, picking up his daughter and heading upstairs to put her to bed.

He walked to his bedroom, sitting down on his mattress. He looked over at the bedside table, the same picture frame that held a photo of you sat there and was slowly collecting dust.

Varian smiled and whispered, "Goodnight my love, I miss you." He then got under the covers, slowly falling asleep.

...

"Don't worry Varian, I will always be with you." You said weakly, reaching up with a shaky hand and touching Varian's cheek.

A tear slipped down that same cheek, he tried holding back his sobs as he cradled your sleeping child in his arms. "Please (Y/N), please don't go. I-I need you." He said, his voice cracking.

You smiled and wiped his tears. "You'll be fine without me, promise me you'll be strong. For her." You glanced down at your daughter, now moving your hand to run your fingers through her hair.

"I... I-I will, I promise." Varian said, trying his hardest not to breakdown. He could feel his heart breaking.

"I love you Varbear." You said with a hushed tone as your eyelids started getting heavy.

Varian hiccuped and gently took your pale hand in his, squeezing it tightly as if to never let it go. "I love you too Sunshine."

And then, his world faded away. You were gone, something Varian didn't want to believe but he had witnessed it all. Your heart stopped beating, you stopped breathing.

Before you closed your eyes, Varian had watched as the sparkle and light in them slowly died out. He thought your eyes would never stop sparkling, but he was wrong.

He sobbed into your stomach, his tears now causing the fabric of your dress to dampen. He had stayed like that for hours until they took you away to prepare you for your funeral.

He watched them lower you into the ground as you lied still in your silver casket, he watched them bury you. This was his reality, but it all felt like a bad dream.

Varian now stirred in his sleep, occasionally tossing and turning to try and find his comfort. But your voice echoed through his mind, your soft and innocent voice.

"Hey Varian, what's a soulmate?"

~

Ok when I found this audio on YouTube I instantly wanted to write this so that's why it's here now 😅

And oh my god was Island's Apart not heartbreaking?! And Cassandra's Revenge was amazing!! (Go watch them if you haven't and make sure you bring two boxes of tissues for Island's Apart) 😭

Another thing, I keep accidentally clicking on published stories and accidentally changing something (nothing actually changes but for some reason it saves anyway) and then it changes the publish date.

Sorry if that keeps confusing you guys if you get a notification that I publish another chapter(oneshot) and then finding out that you already read it, I'll try not to let it happen again 👌

One more thing, let me tell you, let 👏 me 👏 tell 👏 you!

I GOTS INFO FOR YA!!

WILL 👏 CASS 👏 ACTUALLY 👏 BE 👏 REDEEMED?! Someone give me a pillow so I can scream in it!!

Alright, enough rambling. Have a good daayyyy~ 🥰😂💝