Catching Up (+Bonus!)

This is kind of a part 2 of Misunderstood. Of course, there will be spoilers for season 3, AGAIN, so please read at your own risk. Hope you enjoy! 😊

I should be finishing an essay ( ._.)

~

It was now the next morning, everyone from Old Corona had returned now since the news about Quirin being saved was out.

You were helping to rebuild the many houses that were destroyed by the rocks that now seemed to have disappeared back into the ground. Well, most of them.

You were surprised at how quickly people started to trust Varian again, it brought you a warm feeling in your heart.

"Hey, (Y/N)!"

Your thoughts were interrupted by Rapunzel. You looked at her and she held out a neatly folded envelope in front of her.

"Huh? What's this?" You asked as you took the envelope.

Rapunzel giggled and replied, "I'm having this contest later, winner gets a special prize. You're invited to come if you'd like! Hope to see you there (Y/N)!"

The princess then skipped off and over to some other villagers. You opened the invitation and saw an adorable little drawing of you.

You giggled to yourself before reading the little sentence above. It said that Varian would be there... Varian would be there?!

Now you were definitely going. There was a high possibility you and him would be partners for the contest, that would be a perfect opportunity to catch up on things!

...

It was now time for the contest, you had gotten to the castle early and watched as villagers came piling in. Then you saw Varian, you waved to him and when he noticed you, he waved back.

Rapunzel soon came out of the castle, explaining the contest rules and what was required. She then showed everyone a map of where the prize was and how to get there.

Soon, she was drawing names for partnerships. You crossed your fingers and bit your lip, squeezing your eyes shut and waiting for the next draw.

"Please be me and Varian, please be me and Varian!" You desperately said to yourself.

"Next pair is... (Y/N) and Varian!" Rapunzel exclaimed cheerfully.

You opened your eyes in shock and looked at Varian who gave you a big smile, you returning it with an excited grin.

...

Not long after you and Varian were paired up, everyone got their partners and set off to look for the treasure. Except for Eugene and Lance.

You had helped Varian build a hot air balloon that he had learned to make thanks to those Saporians. It didn't take long and soon, the two of you were up in the air and above the clouds.

"Ha, this is so great! I feel like a bird!" Varian said excitedly as he took a sample of a cloud into his vial.

You giggled and walked up to his side, resting your arms on the side of the basket. "The view looks so amazing from up here." You said with a smile.

Varian looked at you and smirked. "Not as amazing as you."

Your face turned red and you playfully punched his shoulder. "Shut up!" You said as you looked away to hide your face, causing a chuckle to slip through Varian's lips.

There was a small moment of comforting silence between you two. The soft breeze blew through your hair and birds flew past you along with the scene below.