Cassandra's Little Sister (Part 2!)

Varian helped both you and Cassandra clean up the entire kingdom for the science expo.

If you or Cassandra had trouble with cleaning something, Varian would help by using his knowledge of alchemy.

You and Cassandra had trouble getting the food stains off of some utensils, Varian used a machine with brushes that could move at a rapid pace to clean them fully.

He held them up in between his fingers and spread them out, they shined to show that they were clean. You giggled and Cassandra smiled.

Next, you and Cassandra had to mop the hallways of the castle, there was so much dirt! You didn't know how this much dirt could pile up this quickly.

Luckily, Varian was able to help once again using alchemy. He tapped you and Cassandra on the shoulder and opened his hand to show many blue balls.

He then knelt down and tossed them on the ground, they rolled to the center of the hallway and a cloud of blue and sparkly smoke formed.

Varian then held up a yellow ball similar to the ones he tossed on the floor. He threw it into the cloud of blue smoke and a green explosion happened, causing you and Cassandra to shield your faces.

When you looked up soon after, the hallway was clean. No dirt in sight. Your eyes lit up and you jumped with excitement, almost knocking over your water bucket.

All of a sudden, Varian's shirt sleeve caught on fire. You quickly dropped your mop and patted down the flames with a washcloth.

"Why thank you, milady." He smiled sweetly at you and your face turned red. You smiled nervously and rubbed the back of your neck.

"N-No problem!"

Now all three of you were back outside, some of the flowers had wilted. You frowned at how they drooped to the sides of the vase.

Varian carefully took them out of the vase and pulled out another blue ball. He dropped it into the flowers and they instantly perked right back up.

Again, your face lit up. Varian then handed you the flowers and you smiled at him, carefully putting the flowers back in their vase.

Cassandra crossed her arms and smiled at Varian, he gave you both a thumbs up.

...

You and Varian were now cleaning the picture frames of royalties that were in a new hallway. Varian was on a ladder while you were on the floor close by in case Varian fell.

Cassandra then came up to you two and started talking to Varian. "Huh, look at that. You make a pretty good co-lady-in-waiting after all."

Varian chuckled a little and faced your sister. "Oh really? You sure you want to, put a label on it?"

You laughed a little and Cassandra climbed the ladder a bit and set a water bucket down on the top.

"Ok, so I could have been a little nicer earlier. It's just, today's kind of a big deal for me." She then climbed down with Varian following shortly after.

"Oh, you're talking about getting that guard assignment from your dad. Aren't you?" He said.

You set your stuff down and walked over beside Varian and Cassandra. You both could tell how much she wanted that opportunity.

"No matter how much I want it or how hard I work, his standards for me are higher than they for anyone else."

A sigh escaped your mouth and you looked down, the same standards were put on you when you came along.