Firefly (Part 2!)

The next day you woke up and got ready for school. You ate breakfast and packed up your lunch.

You were in a happier mood today since you were going to see Varian again. The whole time you were eating breakfast, you talked about him with your mom.

"I've only known him for like two days, but he's really nice!"

Your mom chuckled and replied, "I'm so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone sweetie."

Ever since stepping out of your comfort zone yesterday, the entire morning you were really excited and happy.

You finished your breakfast and grabbed your bag, waving to your mom goodbye. As you were heading to the door, your mother called out to you.

"(Y/N)! Don't forget your gloves!"

You looked down at your hands and saw that you had forgotten to put them on. "Oops, sorry!"

Your mother handed you your gloves and kissed your forehead, you slipped on your gloves and rushed out the door.

As you waited for the bus, you hummed to one of your favorite songs and you rocked on your heels.

The bus finally came and you hopped on, finding your normal seat in the back. You pulled out your phone and earbuds to start listening to music.

...

Once you got off the bus, you could see Varian walking into the school. You ran to catch up with him, not paying too much attention to the students around you.

Suddenly, you tripped over something and fell straight forward, almost landing on your face.

You could hear people laughing above you and you looked up to see Hans with his arms crossed and laughing at you along with other students behind him.

"Watch where you're going next time loser, maybe then you would have seen my leg there." Hans then turned around and walked off with his group of friends.

You watched them leave and you started to get up, you knew he did that on purpose. You glanced up slightly and saw someone rush over to you.

"Are you ok?! Here, let me help you up!"

You recognized that voice, you looked up to see Varian holding his arm out to you. You gave him a bashful smile and took his hand, he then helped you up and you dusted yourself off.

"Th-thanks Varian, I-I'm fine." You said. You looked at your gloves to see if your gloves we're damaged, sure enough, they were a bit ripped.

You sighed and looked down. "I kinda hoped that I was away from all the bullying. Guess I was wrong." You faked a laugh but continued to look down.

"Try to stay away from Hans, he's nothing but trouble. I'll help you stay as far away from him as possible."

Varian held out his hand again. You took it and he lead you inside the school. You both walked together to your lockers and parted ways when class was about to begin since you two had separate classes.

...

Just like yesterday, after classes, you went to the lunchroom and sat down with Varian and his friends.

You talked and talked, but the whole time, you felt a little uncomfortable. That feeling like someone was watching you.

You turned around and sure enough, your feeling was correct. Hans was looking at you and whispering things to his friends, they would occasionally laugh and whisper things back to him.

"Hey, you ok (Y/N)?"

You flinched a little before turning back around and facing Varian. "I'm alright! Just thought I heard something!"