Varian's Prized Possession

Ok, this is gonna have some angst in it! This will be a Psychotic Varian X Reader. You are sitting in your room, drawing pictures of the rocks and how they destroyed your old home in Old Corona. You also wrote about how Varian attempted to attack the princess and the kingdom. Later, your mother comes in with a strange letter in her hands.

Don't judge me for this but I got this idea from one of Sky Does Minecraft's (Sky Does Everything) old Do Not Laugh Minecraft videos. I know, weird but I thought it was cool! This one is going to be WAY longer than my previous ones but I still hope you enjoy this story! (Next Oneshot will be Cassandra's Little Sister Part 2!)

~

You were sitting in your room, drawing those black rocks that destroyed your old home and the entire village of Old Corona. You also wrote how your old friend Varian attempted to attack the princess and the kingdom.

You remember that day like it was yesterday...

You were staying at Varian's house for a couple of days until your parents got back from finding a new home. Your home had been destroyed by those black rocks. Varian was upset about the rocks to begin with but once he found out about your home, he seemed way more upset about them.

He tried everything to find a way to get rid of them. But no matter how hard he tried, nothing seemed to work. He was even about to give up.

But one day, Quirin, Varian and you went to the king to talk about the issue with the rocks. You and Varian waited outside of the throne room while Quirin talked with King Fredrick. Varian had listened in on most of the conversation.

It turned out that Quirin had lied to the king, not once did he bring up the rocks. Varian and Quirin got into a small argument. Quirin had won and walked off, leaving you and Varian in the hallway. Shortly after Quirin left, Rapunzel stepped out of the throne room.

"Varian? Is everything ok? She asked. Varian moved away from her a little. "No! No, it's not! Rapunzel we came to see your dad about the rocks in Old Corona." He replied. You stood there watching, sometimes glancing in the direction Quirin went in.

"Yeah but your dad just said-" "My dad lied. Things have gotten worse." Varian cut Rapunzel off, he had to tell the truth to save his village.

"How much worse?" Rapunzel asked. Varian and you looked down. You both had flashbacks of the damage the rocks had caused in Old Corona. Destroying farms, homes, wells and everything in their path.

"A lot worse..." You placed your hand on Varian's back to comfort him. He gave you a small smile but it quickly disappeared. Rapunzel walked in front of Varian and placed both her hands on Varian's shoulders, she got down to his height.

"Don't worry Varian, I haven't forgotten our agreement. We're going to figure out the mystery behind these rocks, together. Just, give me until my father returns. Everything is gonna be ok, I promise." Varian looked up at Rapunzel and smiled, you saw hope in his eyes and that made you have faith in Rapunzel.

*Slight time skip*

Varian was looking outside his window, watching his father lie to the entire village. He hit his fist on the window sill and walked over to his desk. You watched him mix chemicals and mess with other vials.

"Varian I don't think you should be mixing the chemicals with the rocks, we have no idea what they're capable of." You said. Varian didn't look at you, not even for a second. "We won't know unless we try." He replied.

You sighed. Even if you tried to stop him, he wouldn't listen. He was too full of determination, he just wouldn't stop until he finally got rid of those rocks.