When She Loved Me

Another song based Oneshot! This time it will be based around the song When She Loved Me from Toy Story 2. It will be a cover of course, it will be right below this author's note. The cover is by Brandon Temmel, it is an old video but it's still really good :3
I recently watched Toy Story 4 (as the time I started writing this) and let's just say that I was the only one who cried in the theatre XD

So in this, the reader (or you of course) passed away from an unknown illness. Varian is visiting your grave after about a week since your death, remembering all the times you spent together. I hope you enjoy! :D

~

Since your death about a week ago, Varian could never seem to move on like everyone else. Sure it took them a while, but they eventually did. Of course they still miss you, but they knew that you wanted them to be happy.

Varian knew this as well, but he just couldn't shake the feeling of heartbreak and loneliness. His world seemed darker with you gone, for you were his light.

He knelt down in front of your grave, tracing the letters of your name with his thumb. He had placed a bouquet of your favorite flower where you were lying, forever in an eternal rest.

Tears threatened to slip out of Varian's eyes and down his cheeks, but he did his best to keep them from falling.

"Look at me (Y/N).. tearing up again, heh- I know you want me to be happy but.. I can't, not without you." Varian shook his head slowly and wiped his tear filled eyes.

He took a slow and shaky breath, trying to calm himself. He then closed his eyes, resting his hand on top of your gravestone.

"When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful. Every hour we spent together, lives within my heart.."

Varian started to remember all those times you spent together. Days, nights, everywhere you went, you two would stick by each other's side.

"And when she was sad, I was there to dry her tears. And when she was happy, so was I.. When she loved me.."

He remembered the first time he saw you cry, he frantically tried finding ways to make you feel better. All you told him was for him to be there for you, and to hold you until you felt calm and happy again. And when you were, Varian was happy.

"Through the summer and the fall, we had each other that was all. Just she and I together, like it was meant to be."

He pictured you running through the fields in your favorite dress, causing butterflies to swarm around you. He remembered trying to catch up with you, but you were so light on your feet. He saw you grab his hand and pull him along with you, running through the soft green grass that was blanketed with the warm sun.

"And when she was lonely, I was there to comfort her. And I knew that, she loved me.."

Varian remembered one day you were sitting on a bench in Old Corona, alone and staring at the dirt road. He bought a bouquet, similar to the one he placed on your grave, and he gave it to you. He remembered seeing how happy you were, your (E/C) eyes sparkling with excitement.

"So the years went by, I stayed the same. But she began to drift away.. I was left alone.."

One day, a date he could never forget, you both were walking together. You started to slow down without Varian noticing until you started to cough and you slowly sank down to the ground.

Varian rushed over to your side, your coughing started getting worse. You then blacked out and Varian prevented you from laying on the dirty ground. He cried for help and some nearby villagers rushed over and picked you up.

You were loaded into a carriage and sent off to the kingdom of Corona, leaving Varian standing there. He watched you be taken away.

"Still I waited for the day.. When she'd say 'I will always, love you'.."

So many days went by after that incident, no word had come back to him yet. He remembered waiting anxiously, not eating or sleeping. The day he could rest, was when someone told him about you.

He longed for your soft voice. Your sweet smile, your angelic laugh and your beautiful personality. He longed for your love.

"Lonely and forgotten, never thought she'd look my way. But she smiled at me, and held me, just like she used to do. Like she loved me, when she loved me.."

The day he finally got news about you, it broke his heart. He found out you were suffering from some unknown illness that was slowly.. killing you.

He rushed to the castle, he asked for directions to the infirmary. He burst through the doors and saw Rapunzel, Eugene and Cassandra standing beside your bed.

They saw his worried expression, they told him they would give him some time alone with you. As soon as they left, Varian almost burst into tears.

You were so pale, your hair was a mess. Your lips were chapped and your once beautiful eyes were now dull and slightly red.

But you smiled at Varian. Seeing him here with you was everything you wanted. He hugged you tightly but made sure to be gentle with your frail body. He pulled away slightly and rested his forehead against yours.

You both closed your eyes and you kept your arms around his neck. But soon your body slowly went limp, your arms now slowly falling to your sides.

Varian opened his eyes, you were no longer smiling. This was when he started sobbing, holding your hand tightly and cupping your cheek with his free hand.

You were gone, he couldn't and he didn't want to believe it. But as much as it hurt, the truth was you were never coming back. No matter how hard he cried, or begged.

"When somebody loved me, everything was beautiful. Every hour we spent together, lives within my heart.."

The image of your smile was stuck in Varian's brain. The memory of you would never fade, he never wanted to forget you. He loved you, and only you. And he knew, that you loved him too.

"When she loved me.."

Varian started to cry silently. He wished you were here in his arms, telling him everything was alright. But nothing could bring you back, no miracle would come now.

He cried for a while, knowing how much you wanted him to be happy. But how could he be happy.. without you?

"H-How can I ever feel happy if you're not here with me?.." He said in between sobs.

Then he realized, you were still with him. In spirit, you were watching over him. You would never leave his side even if he could never see you again.

Varian wiped his tears and choked back more sobs. He missed you so much, but as long as you were watching him, he would try to get better. For you.

"I love you, and I will always love you.. my angel.."

He then kissed your gravestone and slowly stood up. Staring at it for a few seconds, before walking off and heading home.

Varian still had the pain of loosing you with him, but he would try to be happy again.

Because that's what you would have wanted.

~

I'm trying to make these longer but I'm kind of getting writer's block already, eeeehhhh! If you would like me to write your request, please come up with one in the comments. Thanks for reading! :3