Accidental Love Potion

Art above belongs to: kaede02mangaka

~

Varian was in his lab, as usual, testing a new experiment he had recently brewed up. It wasn't something he was completely passionate about, he was just bored.

He was home alone, his dad was out getting supplies for the kingdom. Varian wasn't expecting a visitor either so it was just him and Ruddiger, for now at least.

Varian was carefully tipping a small vial with a substance he made, it was a pinkish color and he was about to drop a small amount of it into another substance.

Ruddiger suddenly heard a noise outside and got scared, jumping into Varian's lap and startling the boy. It also caused him to spill half of the liquid in his hand into the bigger vial.

"Ruddiger! Be more careful next time little buddy, this stuff could have exploded! Kind of surprised it didn't." Varian said as he slipped his goggles onto the top of his head.

He studied the new chemical he accidentally made and it wasn't doing anything, it just turned into a brighter pink color. To see if it was dangerous, Varian took his feather pen and dipped the feathery part into the liquid, nothing happened.

"Hope it isn't poisonous." He thought to himself, cautiously taking the vial into his hands and slowly drinking some of the liquid without thinking too much of the possible side effects.

He lowered the vial and shook his head. "Not a fun taste, but at least I'm not dying." Varian then shrugged and leaned back in his chair, soon getting a horrible headache.

You were now walking up to Varian's home since you were bored as well. You stepped up to the front door and knocked, but no one opened the door.

Knocking again, you waited a while before letting yourself in, you hoped Varian wouldn't mind. You figured he was in his lab so you made your way down and knocked on the door, then hearing a muffled groan on the other side.

You got worried and quickly opened it to see Varian rubbing his temples, another groan slipped out through his lips. "Are you ok Varian?" You asked as you quickly rushed over to your friends' side.

Varian stopped rubbing his temples and slowly looked at you and through his eyes, it was like he was seeing an angel. And funny enough, his headache was somehow completely gone.

"Woah..." Varian said in amazement as he stared at you with wide eyes.

You tilted your head and gave him a confused look. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

Varian laughed in a goofy way. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are (Y/N)?"

This made your heart stop and your face turn completely red. "V-Varian are you feeling a-alright?" You asked in between stutters. He's never called you that before, what the heck happened?

"I feel great!" Varian then stood up from his seat, causing you to flinch a little and for Ruddiger to jump onto the floor. "In fact, now that you're here, I feel 10 times better!" He then continued to giggle.

Still confused, you gently put the back of your hand against Varian's forehead to see if he had a fever or something but, he felt normal.

Varian gently took your hand and you sighed, glancing over at his desk and at the vial. "You drank that, didn't you?"

He looked at you confused before turning to see what you were staring at, he then faced you and rubbed the back of his neck. "Maaayybeee~"

"You can be so obviously sometimes." You said while shaking your head, you then felt Varian's grip on your hand tighten a bit. He pulled you closer and wrapped his arms around your waist. "V-Varian, what are you-"

Suddenly, you felt a pair of soft lips on yours and your eyes widened. You slowly melted into Varian's kiss, wrapping your arms around his neck and after a few seconds, you two pulled away.

You liked the kiss, hell, you loved it. But, you remembered that Varian was still under some sort of love potion. You sighed and slipped your hands to his chest and pushed him away. "Varian this isn't you, your just under a dumb potion that makes you think you're in love with me." You said sadly.

Varian tilted his head a little before you grabbed his hand and dragged him out of his lab. "Let's just go to your room, the potion should wear off after some rest." You glanced down at the floor and Varian let you pull him to his room.

After closing the door, you and Varian walked to his bed and he laid down. You were about to leave when Varian quickly grabbed your wrist. "Wait, can you lay in bed with me?" He asked, making you look at him and your cheeks to turn a light shade of pink.

"I-I have to get home Varian," You replied while lazily trying to pull your hand away. "You need your rest."

He then gave you his puppy eyes and it was so hard for you not to give in. You groaned and looked away shyly. "Fine, I'll stay."

"Yay!" Varian chuckled and you smiled sheepishly before walking to the other side of the bed and laying down next to him. Your back was facing him as you felt a little awkward.

You felt Varian wrap an arm around you again, pulling you closer to him and making your body press up against his. He then nuzzled his face into your hair, causing your heartbeat to quicken.

"I love you (Y/N)," Varian said, his voice slightly muffled.

You hesitated a bit but you closed your eyes and smiled in content. "I love you too Varbear."

Soon, the two of you fell asleep with you cradled in Varian's arms.

...

The next morning you woke up slowly, you instantly felt a missing presence. You rolled over and saw that Varian wasn't in bed. Suddenly, the door opened and you sat up, looking at Varian who was now standing in the doorway.

"I see you're awake, d-did you sleep well?" He asked with a bit of a shy smile on his face. You also noticed how his cheeks were a bright red.

You tucked a strand of loose hair behind your ear and glanced away shyly. "Y-yeah, u-um... Do you remember anything after you drank that potion?"

Varian sat down next to you and rubbed the back of his neck. "Nope, not a thing. But I have a clue as to what did happen." He then sighed and smiled sheepishly. "Guess I wasn't thinking when I drank that potion."

You giggled and replied, "That's a first. So, I'm guessing you don't remember the kiss, huh?"

Varian blinked and looked at you with a shocked expression. "Wait, we kissed?!"

This made you laugh and you nodded. Varian pinched the bride of his nose and said, "I'm really sorry (Y/N)."

You laid your head on Varian's shoulder. "It's ok, I-I didn't mind it at all. I-It was nice."

Varian looked at you and smiled before laying his head on yours. Even without the potion, Varian loved you for as long as he could remember. He's just happy you returned his feelings.

~

This was just an idea I had for a little while and I thought it would be nice to throw in another fluff oneshot. This is also just here so I can get a story in before I finish the requests I still have 😅 (Don't worry, I've started them!)

But again, requests are closed until further notice so if you have any requests, please write them down or keep them somewhere if you'd really like me to write your request. 😊

As always, thank you for reading! Have a good day/night everyone, but bye! 😋💝