The Pocky Game

"Varian!!"

You skipped into Varian's lab while holding something behind your back. Unfortunately, your excitement didn't get his attention. He didn't even flinch.

Once again, your sweet little alchemist was focused on his experiments. After seeing that he didn't even move a muscle, you groaned and walked over to Varian.

He was sitting at his desk, studying his past experiments and trying to figure out new ones. You peeked over his shoulder to see what he was writing.

"Whatcha doing Varbear?" You giggled while resting your chin on his shoulder.

"I'm working. Sorry (Y/N) but I really want to get this done, maybe we could cuddle later." He didn't even look at you!

You pouted and crossed your arms. "You said that yesterday Varian! Come on you need a break! And I have something fun we could do!"

That got his attention. He looked at you and his face was now a shade of red.

"Not that kind of fun! Geez, Varian!" You laughed, your face also starting to turn red. "Look, I just have these!"

You held out a small red box that was filled with your favorite treat, Pocky. Oh, how fun this would be.

"What is that?" Varian asked, tilting his head to the side. Your mouth gaped open and you let out a dramatic gasp.

"You don't know what Pocky is?!"

Varian slowly shook his head. Now you could literally spend the entire day explaining what Pocky was, but you wanted to get the game.

"Ok Pocky is a cookie stick that has been dipped in chocolate. Now, the fun thing I wanna do is the Pocky game!"

"Pocky game, huh? How do you play?" Varian asked while facing you fully.

You giggled and pulled up an extra chair, you sat down and pulled out one Pocky stick.

"Well, it's a two player game. Each person bites down on this stick, they slowly eat the stick and their faces get closer. The main goal is to be the first one with the rest of the stick. The result, well, you'll just have to find out!" You stuck the Pocky in your mouth and leaned forward, waiting for Varian to play along.

Varian thought about it for a moment, he then shrugged and bit the other side of the stick.

"You ready? I'll start first." You said, your voice was slightly muffled because of the food in your mouth.

You then opened your mouth slightly, inching forward and biting the stick again. "Your turn!"

Varian rolled his eyes playfully and did the same as you did.

You both continued to bite the cookie stick, your faces slowly getting closer and closer... until...

*SNAP*

"Dang it!!" You yelled, crossing your arms.

The Pocky had broke, Varian now had the rest of it in his mouth. He laughed and ate the piece.

"I win!"

You rolled your eyes and giggled, grabbing another Pocky stick from the box.

"I demand, a rematch!" You said, again placing the stick in your mouth.

Varian bit the other side again and you both started eating the Pocky.

*SNAP*

This time, when the Pocky broke, you had the rest of it. Sure you were happy you won, but you were sad that you weren't able to-

"Round 3!" Varian said, pointing to the box in your hand.

You pulled out another stick, once again biting the cookie stick.

*SNAP*

"Again!"

*SNAP*

"One more time!"

*SNAP*

*SNAP*

*SNAP*

Each time you two bit the stick, your faces would get closer, but they would break when you both got to the middle.

You about ready to give up but you pulled out one more just to see if you could finally-

"Just one more, I promise!"

You had the Pocky in your mouth again, Varian chuckled and shook his head.

You set the box down, Varian then took the stick out of your mouth.

"Hey! Varian give it ba-" You were cut off by a pair of soft and warm lips on yours. Your face went entirely red.

Varian pulled away and rubbed the back of his neck. You sat there, a little dazed and shocked. Varian just- kissed you!

Sure you two were dating already, but you never actually kissed! Wait, that means this was your first.

Your thoughts were interrupted by Varian's voice.

"Was that what you were hoping for?"

You giggled nervously and fiddled with your hands. You nodded quickly and you gave Varian a sweet smile.

"That was fun!"

~

Another short one but I'm happy with this! Also, I always thought Pocky was a Japanese thing. It is, but I've heard a lot of people say it's from China. It confused me so much but I know it's from Japan.

I still have a sunburn and my leg still hurts, I might have pulled a muscle or something XD
But that won't stop me from writing stories!

Also, I just started reading Castle Swimmer on Webtoon and I LOVE IT! I think it's the first ever gay love story I've ever read tbh, I'm straight but I love me some gay ships X3

Thanks for reading! :3