Varian's Prized Possession (Part 2!)

A BUNCH of you requested I do a part 2 of Varian's Prized Possession and so, I am now gifting it to you today! Enjoy! ☺
(I sincerely apologize for the long wait.)

(H/N)= Horse name

~

Varian stared out the window in his room, scanning the dark and dull village that surrounded his home. A few minutes ago, he had spooked your horse and made it run away. He was now making sure no one had come to see what would have scared the horse.

He knew very well that your mother would get worried about you since you hadn't returned last night, but he wasn't too concerned about it as he should be. The boy smiled to himself and headed to his kitchen to prepare your breakfast.

Meanwhile, you were pacing back and forth in your cell. You didn't sleep at all, how could you? Just a few hours ago, you fell for Varian's little trick and right into this cage. How could you be so dumb?

No (Y/N), don't focus on scolding yourself. What you need to be focusing on is getting the heck out of here. And how the hell are you going to do that? It shouldn't be that hard, this is Varian we're talking about. The sweet, adorable, innocent, and loving alchemist.

Except, he wasn't so innocent anymore...

"Good morning milady~" Varian's smooth voice interrupted your thoughts. Speak of the devil.

You stopped pacing and turned to him with a disgusted expression on your face. "What do you want?" You said coldly.

Varian chuckled and held up the tray that was in his hands, showing you the plate of scrambled eggs and toast. "I made you breakfast, no need to be so mean." He said, balancing the tray in one hand while unlocking your cell with the other.

Once it was open, you didn't move a muscle as the boy in front of you placed the tray on the floor near the barred door. It wouldn't be smart for you to run out of the cell now, he'd be expecting it and would easily catch you again.

Varian straightened his posture, grinning at you with a mischievous smile. It hurt to see such disturbing actions come from Varian, you missed the sweet and caring boy he once was and you wondered if he was still there, being overpowered by anger and hatred.

You tried to stay strong, fighting back the tears that were threatening to roll down your cheek as you stared at Varian with a stern expression. You couldn't fall for his tricks again, you couldn't show him that you were weak.

"My mother will send out a search party for me since I haven't returned, people will surely find me here and throw you back in the dungeon." You said, your voice laced with irritation. You couldn't stand this side of him, it was like a foreign language that you've never seen before.

Varian chuckled and shook his head. "Don't you think I know that (Y/N)? That's why I wrote this letter posing as you," He replied, taking out a rolled-up paper from his satchel. "I'm going to have Ruddiger send it to your mom."

Just as he said the furry raccoon's name, Ruddiger peaked his head out from behind a box and then crawled over to his owner.

"Take this to (Y/N)'s house, but don't let her mom see you. Then come straight back here, ok Ruddiger?" Varian gave his companion the letter and Ruddiger scurried out of the room.

...

Ruddiger ran through the woods and weaved around clusters of black rocks, heading to your home. He stopped for a moment and looked back in the direction of the way he came. He didn't want to leave your side, but he didn't want to disobey Varian, making him mad wouldn't solve anything.