Best Friends Forever

AAHH THANK YOU Lunatic1000 FOR GIVING ME THIS IDEA, I NEEDED IT SO BAD MY WRITERS BLOCK WAS GETTING WORSE AHHH. Anyway, this will be a Child Varian X Child Reader. If this turns out terrible I'm very sorry, writer's block sucks DX

WARNING!: The beginning is very dark. Mentions of blood, violence, weapons, and trauma. If you are not comfortable reading this type of stuff, please read a different story or skip to the part where you meet Varian. You have been warned.
~

"One two.. buckle my shoe.."

You sat on a log beside a river, swinging your legs and letting them dangle above the water.

"Three four.. open the door.."

Your hands were in your lap, your eyes watching the river flow to somewhere unknown.

"Five six.. pick up sticks.."

A flash of memory crossed your child mind. Red liquid, pouring from the side of your fathers head.

"Seven eight.. lay them straight.."

A big gash was visible on your father's head. More of that same red liquid dripping down your mother's back, she had a similar wound just like your father's.

"Nine ten.. do it again.."

An image of a figure with a knife standing over your parents then appeared in your mind. You were hiding in a closet, too scared to make a sound.

"One two.. buckle my shoe.."

That incident only happened a few hours ago. You ran away from home, you didn't know where to go. You just came here.

"Three four.. open the door-"

"Hello!"

"AH!"

Your dazed state was interrupted when a young boy around your age jumped up onto the log and screamed into your ear.

"Oh! S-sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. My names Varian! What's yours?" He stuck out his hand and smiled at you.

You sat there, a little nervous and scared. He still had his hand out.

"(Y-Y/N).." You finally said, hiding your hands behind your back.

"It's nice to meet you (Y/N)!" Varian giggled. This time, he lowered his hand.

"Varian? Where did you go sweetheart?" A female voice called.

You flinched and hid behind the log.

"Over here, mommy! I found a friend!"

You peeked your head up above the log to see a woman with brown hair walk towards Varian. When she was close enough, you ducked your head back down behind the log.

"There you are! Don't run off like that again ok?" The woman then picked Varian up and he giggled.

"Ok, mommy! Look! I made a friend!"

He pointed at you, his "mother" could see you behind the log.

"Oh, hello little one. What's your name?"

You didn't say anything, you just stared at her and continued to hide behind the log.

"Her name is (Y/N)! She was sitting there by herself!"

You looked down and still didn't come out of your hiding spot.

The young woman looked at you with a sad expression. "Where are your parents little one?"