neuf

"Boys! Dinner's ready!" They heard a yell from downstairs, making both of them run down the stairs to be greeted with the mouth watering scent of black bean noodles, one of Jungkook's favourites.

They both stopped by the kitchen to wash their hands, before sitting at the table together, Jungkook next to his mother with Taehyung across from him.

"So Taehyung, you're in Jungkook's class is that right?" She asked as she served the boys generously.

"Yes, Mrs Jeon." He nodded, thanking her for the bowl she handed him.

"Oh just call me Sangmin." She smiled.

He nodded again.

"Is that how you two met?" She asked.

Jungkook had told her about the fact that they had already slept with each other, to which she had just shrugged (she was used to her son sleeping around and frankly, she couldn't care less as long as he used protection), though he had insisted that they were not a couple.

"Actually, we met at a bus stop when it was raining." Taehyung corrected, Jungkook enjoying seeing him talk more than he usually would.

"How romantic." Sangmin traded as she smirked Jungkook's way, to which he glared back.

"This is really good." Taehyung complimented as he motioned to the black bean noodles with his chopsticks, clearing his throat making him look a little uncomfortable.

Sangmin got the message and didn't push it.

"Thank you dear." She said as a wide smile made it's way to her face. "Now, Jungkook mentioned you were really good in class, do you know what you'd like to do in the future?" She asked.

He looked down at his meal, Jungkook taking the opportunity to stare at his face. God was he a sight for sore eyes.

"I'm not sure yet." He mumbled.

Sangmin smiled warmly, Taehyung recognising Jungkook's traits in her, like his large smile and the way his eyes squinted a lot when he did. And the shape of his lips, a thin upper lip with a defined cupid's bow and a plump bottom lip.

"It's fine, Jungkook isn't too sure either." She said, ruffling her son's hair affectionately, earning an adorable chuckle from Taehyung. "What clubs are you in, maybe that can help you know what you like?"

Taehyung place his chopsticks over his empty bowl, taking a sip of his water.

"I'm in the arts club" he said, looking down.

Taehyung seemed quite different around adults. With Jungkook, he always seemed carefree and relaxed (though it did take some time for him to warm up and let his guard down), he seemed at peace and calm, though with his mother he seems tense and alert.

"Oh that's great!" She said, surprising him. "Jungkook liked drawing too, right kooks?"

Jungkook snapped from his daze of staring at Taehyung and nodded.

"Yeah but it's only like a small hobby." He said, rubbing the back of his neck as he shyly looked up at Taehyung.

Sangmin chuckled.

It was so cute seeing her son being flustered in front of someone.

***

"Your mom is nice." Taehyung mumbled from his seat at Jungkook's desk, the light from the desk lamp being the only thing illuminating the room more than the lights from outside Jungkook's window.

Taehyung said he had a few assignments to finish, so there he was, glasses perched on the bridge of nose (Jungkook then learned he had a bad eyesight, but prefered to wear contacts. He wished he would have known sooner, because he found Taehyung gorgeous with those thin, golden framed glasses.), eyes reading over the exercices before his pencil scribbled on his paper.