douze

"Is he awake?" Seokjin asked, entering the living room with a glass of water, he smiled softly as he looked at Taehyung sitting up, Jungkook sitting next to him, near his hips. "Here." He smiled to Taehyung, who took the glass with a nod.

He slowly drowned his water down, under the eyes of Seokjin and a worried Jungkook.

"I-I should get going." He said, getting up from his seat and placing the glass on the table gently.

Seokjin didn't protest, but he did call out to Taehyung before getting the glass back in the kitchen.

"Hey Taehyung! There's a spare key taped under the mat outside, drop by if you need to."

Taehyung nodded and resumed getting out, not minding Jungkook who followed after him, once he left with a quiet thank you, he turned around to the younger, who still stood behind him.

"Are you going to follow me around now?" He asked.

"I'm not letting you go back in there alone." Jungkook answered, looking like some kind of soldier volunteering for tribute with his serious face and his chin up.

Taehyung chuckled, shrugging, though once he turned around he couldn't help the large smile forming on his lips.

He pushed the unlocked door open and entered the small apartment, Jungkook following in his tracks.

The younger would have imagined the place to be completely trashed down, messy, smelling like cigarettes or weed, with bottles of alcohol laying around, but instead, he found a neat house, nothing out of the ordinary, completely normal.

He took his shoes off and followed Taehyung deeper inside the hallway, until they both entered a bedroom.

It looked straight out of an ikea magazine, with plain furniture (though some seemed to be a  little old, giving off a cozy vibe), neat and tidy, just like the rest of the house.

Someone layed in the king size bed, Jungkook assuming it was a man judging from the short head of hair he could see, though when Taehyung leaned on the covers to shake the person awake and they sat up, he was met with the soft features of a woman.

He stood there, feeling awkward as hell looking at Taehyung move from the bed to the nightstand from which he took out a large first aid kit.

As the woman ran a hand over her tired eyes, he noticed for the first time, a black eye forming around one of them, and a few large hues of red, slowly inching darker to what he assumed would be large bruises, over the side of her head and on her cheekbone.

"Jungkook, there's an ice pack in the freezer, could you go get it please?" Taehyung asked, the younger nodding and leaving quickly.

"Who is he?" He heard a soft voice from the room as he rushed down the hallway.

"he's a friend from school, mom." Taehyung answered.

If Jungkook hadn't been so freaked out about the sight of Taehyung's mother completely beat up, he would have been flattered to be considered Taehyung's friend, and not just a classmate.

He came back with the ice pack shortly after, entering the room again.

Taehyung was now fully seated next to his mother, who was leaning against the headboard.

He had a small cotton swab trapped in a pair of tweezers, slowly cleaning the little open wounds she had scattered on her cheek and on the side of her forehead, his mother looking down the entire time.

Jungkook had never felt this heartbroken in his life.

It was devastating, to see someone he loved dearly having to care for his own mother in this way, cleaning away the wounds that were most probably caused by none other than his father. Parents were supposed to be encres for their child, a stable pillar to provide support, yet Taehyung didn't seem to have that as he cared for his parent in a way an older brother would for his sister.

Was this a daily occurrence for Taehyung? because judging from how calmly he handled the situation, it sure looked like it.

A few bandaids were placed over the wounds, before Taehyung placed a soft kiss on his mother's forehead.

Jungkook felt bad, and slightly out of place, as he witnessed the scene, but he still walked closer to hand the woman the ice pack, with a cloth Taehyung had advised him to take as to not hurt her skin.

"Thanks you, Jungkook." She said with a warm smile, but Jungkook couldn't help but notice all her bruises instead of her reassuring expression.

"i'll go get some water." Taehyung smiled, asking Jungkook to clean away the first aid kit as he went to throw away the used cotton and get the beverage.

Jungkook did as he was told, feeling incredibly nervous without Taehyung's presence in the room, but still placed the box back under the small nightstand, noticing a couple photo near the lamp that got him sick to his stomach.

Why did they seem so okay?

"Please take care of Taehyung for me." The woman suddenly whispered, making Jungkook look at her with slight surprise.

She was looking down at her thin hands, tears pooling at the corner of her glistening eyes.

"I-i know i'm not the best of mothers to him a-and, i think he needs more love than i can offer." She said, looking over at Taehyung with a smile despite her teary eyes.

In that moment, Jungkook believed she was probably the strongest woman he had ever met (except his own mother, who had raised him alone as a teen after his father left her without leaving a trace).

"i-i will." He smiled weakly.

A/N:

hey guys!

This story reached 1k reads !!

Yay!

Thank you all so much for reading this and commenting  cute messages of support  :)