seize

The table was completely silent as they sat in the crowded fast food place at their usual table, a four seat booth by the window.

Usually, the four friends would have been bickering about their food preferences or some trendy show they all watched, laughing over the music of the restaurant and draining the patience of the other customers.

But today was different for two reasons. Firstly because of the fifth addition to the team, sitting at the end of the table, facing the window, who was being glared down by the kid sitting to his right and secondly because of the cloud of gloom that floated around the one on his left.

Seokjin and Hoseok sat facing each other against the window, looking uneasy and very awkward because of the heavy silence. The younger placed a hand on his boyfriend's thigh to try to distract him from shooting daggers at his best friend through his eyes, Seokjin then placing an arm around Jungkook who sat next to him, pulling him in for a side hug.

"What's up Kooks? You haven't even touched your fries yet." he asked in his motherly tone, Jimin finally taking his eyes off Yoongi to look across the table at Jungkook, who finally looked up from his untouched burger. He still had that same gloomy look from their P.E. class, Jimin hoped he would finally find out why.

"My day kinda sucked." He mumble seemingly unkeen to any type conversation, all eyes then turned to Jimin for answers, seeing as they were in the same class.

"Jungkook came out to our P.E. class, i guess?" He was looking over at Jungkook to try and see if he shouldn't have talked, but the kid didn't seem to react

Hoseok however, did, choking loudly on his sprite and coughing a few times in result, eyes blowing wide open.

"How'd that happen?" Asked, genuinely curious, the other two also interrupting their meal to listen.

"Well Hyunshik was being a bitch to Taehyung about some hickeys, and Jungkook defended him. So Hyunshik asked if they had fucked and Jungkook was like 'and what if we did', like the proud gay he is. So yeah, i guess that can count as a coming out?" Jimin explained, still looking over to Jungkook, noticing the slump in his shoulders when the name of their quiet classmate was pronounced.

"I didn't expect you to tell the whole school about it" Seokjin said, leaning back to his own seat calmly and resuming to eat his fries.

Hoseok looked between Jungkook and Seokjin.

"wait you knew about this? WAIT?! Kooks, you're hooking up with Taehyung?!"

Seokjin shrugged his shoulders, though he nodded shorty after, then Hoseok turned to Jungkook for confirmation, Jimin following his movement comically.

"Taehyung? Kim Taehyung?" Yoongi asked, finally looking up to see Seokjin nodding and Jimin's head snapping to glare at him for no particular reason.

"Yeah, why? You know him?" Jimin asked, more like barked. It would have been pretty surprising for the two to be acquaintances, since Yoongi went to a different high school.

"I did. We erm- we used to hook up a lot." He mumbled, looking over to Jungkook apologetically.

"WAIT what?!" Hoseok almost yelled from the other side of the table. "Damn who would have known the nerd was actually such a slut." He joked, receiving glares from everyone around the table thus decided it would be best to utter an apology and shut up for the rest of the conversation.

"You should be careful with him Kooks." Yoongi warned as he stole a gulp of Hoseok's spite, earning a disapproving look from Jimin. "He's only using you, once you get too attached he'll throw you away."

The table fell silent, Jimin's glare softening a slight second for the first time at the sight of Yoongi's sour expression.

"I learned that the hard way i guess?" Jungkook spoke up, chuckling bitterly. "I asked him out... but he just apologised and left."

The other four looked at him with compassion, Yoongi rubbing his back and offering him some fries, to which Jungkook simply chuckled because the elder was clumsy with mending sad feelings in the cutest of ways.

"I think that kid is just scared of relationships, it may have nothing to do with you." Yoongi said, trying to make him feel better but just making himself cringe instead, he really was terrible at this.

"Damn Jungkookie is living his first heartbreak." Hoseok said trying to lighten up the thick atmosphere, then groaning at the harsh kick in the leg he received from Seokjin under the table, and the slap on the back of the head from Jimin.

Jungkook didn't mind, he had already tuned all outside noise out, simply concentrating on his fries, memories of Taehyung flashing back through his mind.

Like that one time he had slept over and they had taken a shower together, he still couldn't get over Taehyung's adorable smile when he had styled his hair with shampoo. They're faces had been so close, noses practically touching, Jungkook could have counted the stars in the others eyes when he smiled.

Or when they would just go to Jungkook's place and lounge around on the bed, Taehyung's head on the very top of his thigh (a little close to his junior) making him feel nervous even though they were just both on their phones doing nothing.

Looking at Taehyung sleep the rare times he would wake up first, admiring the small freckle on the tip of his nose and his long eyelashes, or glancing at him from his bed while he studied, then getting up to place his hands on his shoulders and bend down to place a small kiss on his temple.

Then, he thought about Taehyung's household, how he loved his parents despite the rough times, how he helped his mother with her bruises, but couldn't do the same with his father because he always left when he was hurt and never really opened up.

Taehyung and Jungkook had reached one of the maximum levels of intimacy (sex), so early in their relationship, they had just gotten really close, really fast. They were comfortable with each others bodies and even opened up more about themselves in the last few days (after seeing Taehyung's mother).

Jungkook thought back to what Yoongi had said, about Taehyung having a problem with relationships, then realising Taehyung probably had a hard time believing in love when he saw his parents.

He would have to talk to Taehyung about it when they saw each other the next day.

A/N:

hey guys!

Hope you liked this chapter and see you in the next one :)