quarante et un

"I made tea ya want some?" Yoongi asked from the kitchen as he poured the boiling water into his own cup.

"Yeah sure." Taehyung yelled back from his spot on the couch of Yoongi's house, scrolling through his phone absentmindedly.

The two had decided to leave the karaoke place one Yoongi had calmed down, walking down to Yoongi's house calmly, using the walk to catch up and talk.

While they hadn't been that close during their hookup times, both had been close to diaries for each other. They would trust each other with their darkest secrets, even though that was pretty much all they ever talked about. Sex and their fucked up lives. But they had grown and were now in a much better place than they were, hence why they had much more things to talk about.

"five sugars?"

"Yup."

A few moments later, the older was back to join him on the couch dropping his body next to him tiredly and handing him his mug.

They both sipped on their tea, not really talking and enjoying the comfortable silence instead. The atmosphere and their previous conversations made Taehyung think that, if he and Yoongi hadn't been fuck buddies, maybe they could have become great friends and he was grateful for getting a second chance at that.

"This brings back memories." Yoongi mumbled as he looked over at Taehyung with a small smile, reminiscing the old days when they would drink tea after their hookups bonding over their shitty day.

"Yeah." Taehyung chuckled.

"You know." Yoongi placed his mug on the table and slouched in the sofa, sighing slightly. "I would've never expected you to date Jungkook."

The other rised a questioning eyebrow, turning around to have his back against the armrest and facing Yoongi.

"Why's that?"

Yoongi shrugged.

"I don't know... I felt like you were more into small, thin guys." He hesitated. "That way you'd be sure they couldn't hurt you."

Taehyung looked up from his steaming cup, taking in the sight of Yoongi staring at his own that was still on the coffee table, his eyes reflecting something close to nostalgia and worry.

"But i guess i was wrong, because now you're with that muscle pig." He joked, looking over to Taehyung with a cornered smile, it growing at the sight of the younger choking on his tea.

"Yah!" He coughed out, kicking Yoongi with his bare foot.

Yoongi snickered, catching ahold of it and tickling the sole of his foot, making-ng him wiggle in his grasp.

"Am i interrupting something here?" Said a feminine voice from the entry of the living room.

"Hey noona, welcome home." Yoongi called, leaving his victim alone to take his cup back.

"Hi Tae! Long time no see." The woman smiled as she came in, ruffling Yoongi's hair messy and then doing the same with Taehyung's.

"Hey Yoona-noona." Taehyung smiled.

Yoona was Yoongi's older sister who now attended college, she knew about the two's shenanigans but never really questioned it. She'd always known her brother was weird one, it didn't fase her when he brought men home, if anything she'd tease him about it.

"I'm ordering some pizza, want anything?" She asked, throwing her short hair in a messy bun and wiggling out of her bra, throwing it in Yoongi's face.

"Nah we ate already." Taehyung called, snickering at the older who threw the undergarment on the other couch with a face of pure disgust.

Yoona nodded, walking to the kitchen to make the call, leaving the two teenagers to resume their conversation. Yoongi looked over to Taehyung, who was still sipping on his tea unknowingly, noticing the nice tan to his skin, the glow of his eyes, his healthy hair and plump lips. He looked nothing like the scrawny, pale and dead Taehyung he had known.