vingt cinq

"Is that Kim Taehyung?" Whispered a voice.

"Him? wait, is it?" Another added

"Damn, did he have some kind of glow up over the weekend or is it just me?" Someone commented.

Kim Taehyung had never felt this much attention on him since he had been the first person in his class to lose his tooth. All the stairs, all the whispers were making him regret his bangs, now he couldn't hide behind his long hair.

Furthermore, Taehyung didn't understand why he was getting so much attention all of a sudden. he was still the same guy, with his neat uniform and bored expression. He'd just cut his hair, and worn his glasses because he forgot his contacts at Jungkook's after their city date.

"Someone got popular over the weekend." The familiar deep voice of Namjoon said behind him just as he reached his locker.

Taehyung turned around, facing his friend from the art club.

"I don't even understand what's happening." He said, taking out his books for then advanced math class he was about to attend.

"Your new hairstyle looks good on you." Namjoon said, eyes darting to Taehyung's hair as the boy thanked him with a small nod.

"Are you dropping by the art club this afternoon?" The older asked as they walked towards the same hallway.

Taehyung nodded.

"Well, see you then." Namjoon said with a smile, waving the younger off.

Taehyung continued his small walk to his classroom, excited to enter, go to his seat and just sleep for the next two hours. Despite being in advanced math and sleeping in his class, Taehyung was one of the best students of his class, simply because math was just easy to him.

He pushed the door open, looking down at the floor and completely in his own little world, walking a few steps into the classroom, before realising it was dead silent and raising his gaze to see most of the students looking straight at him.

"Morning Taehyung." Said a voice from one of the seats in the front, to whom his eyes darted.

"Good morning, Jimin." He said with a short nod of his head.

With the small interaction between the two, most of the conversations were back to their ridiculously loud level, relieving Taehyung of the discomfort he felt when all eyes were on him.

"What an entrance." Jimin teased as he sat next to Taehyung, making him turn to the older.

"People have been staring at me all morning, i don't understand why." He sighed.

Jimin giggled, it reminding Taehyung of how cute Jungkook was when he giggled, before his eyes darted to Taehyung's hair.

"Well I mean, now that your hair is shorter, people can finally see your pretty ass face." He said. "Plus those glasses look hot."

Taehyung cleared his throat, not yet used to receiving compliments from anyone other than Jungkook.

"Thanks?" He mumbled, feeling incredibly awkward.

Jimin giggled again, noticing the other's discomfort and deciding it would be best to change the subject.

"Hey did you understand the whole derivative shit, because i've been lost for the past week and i need help." Jimin whispered as he took out his things before the teacher came in.

Taehyung chuckled but nodded.

"Can you help me out at lunch?" He asked.

"Sure." Taehyung answered in his smooth and deep voice, making a chill go down the girl sitting in front of him's spine.