Chap 1: Time Heist

I was standing on Bleecker street just outside of the Sanctum Sanctorum in Greenwich Village, New York. The sun shone brightly, but everything felt wrong; a feeling I was quite familiar with. 
Mostly because I was half African American and half white, so I'd gotten used to not quite knowing where I fit in. Used to feeling the world push back against me as I struggled to find a place where I belonged. But maybe it was also because I often felt like a stranger in my own skin, like some sort of a lost animal in a foriegn land. Or maybe it was also because my hold on sanity was shaky at best. At least, my shrink seemed to think so.
I shook my head to clear my thoughts, I didn't want to think about my disassociative tendencies, instead, I took a cleansing breathe and forced my mind back to the present moment. I focused on my surroundings and the feeling of the strange sensations surrounding me.
Right now, it was as if reality itself was rejecting me, fighting against my very presence, wrapping me in an unshakable feeling of wrongness. As if it knew I didn't belong in this time and was fighting against a dangerous intruder.
It wasn't wrong.
..........

Chapter: 1

I push my curly brown hair behind my ears and clear my mind, focus! I tell myself. I know I have to time this exactly right. My movements are unusually slow and heavy, but I push past it, and glance at my watch. "Right on time."
I raise my hands and conjure a portal and jump through. Immediately, I'm falling through the sky, in what I assume to be the mirror dimension. I glance around, but there is nothing in sight, just an endless dark sky above and below me.

"AHHHHHH....." I hear his voice yelling in shock. I smile to myself. Finally, everything is working according to my plan!

"Hello, Loki. It's so nice to finally meet you". I croon, satisfaction filling my voice. I can't believe this actually worked!

Loki goes silent at the sound of my voice and his head snaps up in my direction. I let myself fall to his level so that we're face to face, falling through the black sky in sync.

His eyes narrow as he takes in my appearance. I watch his gaze pass over my thick brown hair and dark violet eyes. His eyes roaming over my long limbs and light brown skin, silently assessing me. Then his eyes catch on the large A imprinted on my white and red stolen Avengers suit.

I try to appear as non-threatening as possible.

"Who the hell are you? And where am I?" He snaps, his voice venomous, suggesting years of pent-up rage.

"Who I am is irrelevant," I reply calmly. "Dr. Strange is the one who trapped you in this portal, so he could talk to Thor. But don't worry, he means him no harm." I add when his piercing green eyes narrow at me in suspicion.

"A Doctor believes he can trap me? Doesn't he know who I am? I am the King of Asgard! Release me immediately!" His face is indignant, as he pulls a long metal dagger from his sleeve.

"I can't!" I say, putting my hands up to reveal my lack of weapons. "Only Dr. Strange can do that. But I swear to you, he will release you within thirty minutes." I make myself small, trying to look innocent.

"Who is this Dr. Strange? Who are you? And Why the hell am I unable to use my magic? Where are we?"  He fires out in rapid succession, glancing side to side in tight-lipped frustration.

I watch him take in the empty dark sky inside the mirror realm, before I reply quickly, "Because Dr. Strange won't let you. If it makes you feel any better, I can't use magic here either. Dr Strange is a Master of the Mystic arts, he's in charge of protecting earth. He is Earths most powerful sorcerer, he was the Sorcerer Supreme, but then Master Wong took his place. And I am nobody, I'm just his apprentice... or at least I will be about five years from now." He seems baffled, so I add quickly before he can ask anything else, "Now. Before you attack me with those knives, I have an important message." I lower my voice conspiratorially, "But you absolutely cannot tell Thor, or anyone else what I'm about to tell you!"