Chap 42: The Devil's Due

Loki:

It's nearly ten o'clock when Kamilla leaves with Hoder and Sif to explore the caves. I remain in my room, so that the others think I'm still asleep, but send Ikol out to follow them carefully. I wait inside my room, enjoying a few hours of leisurely reading, until my impatience begins to wear dangerously thin. Without a moment of hesitation, I throw on my glamoured invisibility and stealthily sneak down the hall, eager to do a bit of snooping. I stroll down the various brightly lit corridors, enjoying the thrill that tingles up my spine as I search every room for any information on Knull.
But unfortunately, my searching proves fruitless and I come up empty handed. Disappointed, I make my way to the main computer room and wait outside the door until Myntril and Tarna leave for the kitchen to make some lunch. I seize my opportunity and teleport inside instantly, my eyes scanning the room from top to bottom as I log onto Tarna's computer. I do a quick search through their database for any buzzwords related to Knull, but find nothing useful. Sufficiently frustrated at having found no leads, I teleport back to my bedroom and begin to pace the floor.

"And true to form, the Agent's have proven themselves to be without a doubt, utterly useless." I mutter to myself.

I continue to pace through the room and focus my mind on Ikol.

"Show me what you see", I command in my mind.

Immediately the image of a yellow and black humvee racing past a dark forest appears in my mind. I watch the colossal vehicle from a high vantage point, seeing through my raven's narrow black eyes. I savor the sensation of watching them from the clouds as if I really am a God, as the vehicle approaches a small green hillside and parks beside it. From up above, I can just make out a small cave as Hoder, Kamilla and Sif slip inside it. I compel Ikol to follow them inside, carefully ensuring that he remains in the shadows and is seen by no one. Ikol finds a hidden nook between two stalagmites on the cavern ceiling as Hoder introduces Kamilla to the slimy slithering mass of black snake-like creatures.

How disappointingly ugly. I think to myself. These are the powerful symbiotes, they're always going on about? How drab.

I continue spying as Hoder makes a fool of himself and Kamilla turns down the opportunity to merge with the Klyntar before leaving the cave. When she finally asks about Knull, I chuckle. Good girl. Lull them into a false sense of security until they spill their precious secrets.

As Hoder and Sif answer Kamilla's questions, my pulse races, finally we're getting somewhere!

The moment Sif points north, I send Ikol hurtling through the skies at full speed, scanning the distant horizon for a waterfall.

So Hoder thinks it'll take weeks to make it through the underground maze? How small minded of him. I'll do it in less than a day.

As Ikol soars past the mountain side, I cast another spell that heightens his senses, so he can see things from a further distance.

"Investigate every waterfall you find north of here." I command.

Yes, your perfectness. I will not rest until I find Knull.

I lounge back on my bed feeling satisfied and let out an excited laugh. At last! I could be holding the Necrosword in my hands in just a few hours!

I wait patiently as the clock ticks endlessly, until Ikol's voice sounds in my mind.

I found a waterfall, master.

"You've found it?" I ask in a rush, my thoughts a torrent of excitement.

Regretfully no. There was no entrance behind it, so I'm going to keep searching.