Chap 4: Little Witch

Kamilla:

Kamilla:

At six am my alarm goes off and jolts me from my fitful sleep. I sit up and throw on my black and burgundy form-fitting workout clothes and my worn black leather ankle boots, prepping for my routine sparring match with Master Wong. But by the time I've finish getting dressed I remember that Strange told me I wouldn't have any more lessons. So, I decide to head downstairs to get some breakfast instead. But when I pass the library, I see Wong hovering at the entrance.

"Good morning Wong" I say cautiously, uncertain as to where we stand. He looks at me with sad brown eyes and shakes his head in disapproval when I meet his gaze.

"I can't trust you anymore." He whispers sadly, disappointment etched across his face. "I've overlooked a lot of things, but this? Tampering with time? How could you? You know better Kamilla!"

I glance away, hating the way he's looking at me. This stings more than I expected, a small part of my heart cracks under his disapproving gaze. I hate feeling like a disappointment to him.

"I am sorry I let you down." I reply my voice small and sad. But he turns away and steps into the library shutting the door behind him. I follow him, hoping to make things right and grab the brass door handle, but it won't open. I try again, but it doesn't budge. "They locked me out?" I say caught off guard. I didn't expect them to lock me out of the library. I walk away clenching my fists in irritation. Unbelievable! First Strange took my ring, now he won't let me near any of the magical artifacts or the spell books in the library? It's not like I'm going to steal them! Now I can't even study any of the spells in the Grimoire! I shake my head angrily. This does not bode well. Not at all.

Well, if they refuse to train me, I'll find someone who will! I spin around and march upstairs ready to make a deal with the devil.

Rather than knocking on Loki's door, I decide to just stroll in like I own the place. I swing the door wide open and shout gruffly, "Rise and shine Princess!"

Loki is laying down reading, his large body dwarfing the old cot. And when he sees me, he glares icily.

"I suppose you think I owe you a debt." He snarls, his voice low and threatening.

"Naturally." I reply brazenly.

"Then you would be quite wrong, I owe you nothing." He replies his tone bored.

"Well we can have a rousing debate over the fine print later." I say sarcastically. "But I actually came to offer you something."

"And what could you possibly have to offer me, Little Witch?" He appears unfazed, his eyes sizing me up and down.

I walk towards his bed until I'm towering over him and smile conspiratorially. "Information."

His eyes gleam, giving him away. "In exchange for what precisely?"