Chap 10: Thor To The Rescue

Kamilla:

Early the next morning I'm awoken by the sound of the front door bursting open in a loud crash. Instinctively I leap out of bed and run down the hallway stopping at the top of the stairs.

"WHERE IS HE?" A low booming voice echoes through the house, so powerful it nearly shakes the building from its foundations.

My heart leaps in my chest and I let out a squeal of delight, "Thor!! You're Back!" I rush down the stairs as he squints at me in surprise.

"Kamilla! My friend!" He shouts merrily before swooping me up in a big bear hug. When he puts me down, he looks at me carefully, his eyes cautiously optimistic.

"Is my brother truly alive?"

I grin proudly and nod vigorously. "Yes, follow me."

Thor beams, his ocean blue eyes dancing, I grab his hand and drag him upstairs as fast as my legs can carry me. He keeps up easily his large legs bounding up the stairs several steps at a time. I lead him to Loki's room and am about to open the door, when it swings open and Loki appears before us his eyes sparkling with fire. He's smiling broadly, but his eyes widen in shock when he takes in Thor's chubbier shape, eyeing the noticeable width around Thor's belly.

"You've seen better days." He taunts with a smirk.

"Brother!" Thor exclaims gleefully, then immediately pounces on him, catching him unaware and trapping him in a wild hug. The momentum knocks them both down and they fall together in a jumbled awkward embrace. Thor pins him to the ground laughing, then sits up to plant a big kiss on top his head. Then, small tears begin to trickle down Thor's suddenly sad face.

"But I saw you die." He croaks his voice cracking. Loki sits up too and Thor immediately leans over and buries his face in Loki's chest embracing him. Loki looks down at Thor bewildered and unnerved for a moment, then he hesitantly and awkwardly wraps one arm around him.

"I'm here brother." He coos softly. Then he adds with mirth, "And I assure you I am alive and quite well. I told you the sun would shine on us again."

Thor chuckles then stifles a choked sob, and Loki responds by gently and woodenly stroking his head. Suddenly I feel like an intruder; this feels much too intimate.

But You did this! I remind myself. I made this happen. My heart swells with joy and pride, I know how much this means to them both. For the first time I am one hundred percent certain that I did the right thing. And if anyone thinks differently, well, they can kiss my ass.

Thor's eager voice interrupts my thoughts, "But how did you escape Thanos?" He asks breaking their embrace.

"Actually, this time I didn't do anything." He admits reluctantly, before nodding in my direction. "You have your girl to thank for that."

Thor turns to look at me and wipes his face with the back of his large hands, then clears his throat. He beams, full of gratitude and his voice sobers, "Thank you. How can I ever repay you Milla?"

"Just take me with you when you leave." I answer hopefully.

"Of course." He says with a booming laugh. "My ship is small, but you are certainly welcome to join me and my little crew of misfits." His wide grin stretches from ear to ear and his blue eyes sparkle with delight.

Loki regards me warily. "Perhaps it would be better if she stayed behind, brother."

Suddenly a portal appears in the room and Strange emerges from the other side.

"Ah, Good. You're back." He states matter-of-factly. "Now, if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you removed your fugitive brother from this planet."

"Yes, yes, we will see ourselves out." Thor says jovially. He glances at me, "Go get your things Kamilla."