Chap 34: The Horde of Fire Demons

Kamilla:

Kamilla:

I survey the mess of dead fire demons pooled at our feet. The room is still and silent and the smoke from the demons is slowly dissipating as Loki runs his pale white hand through his inky black hair. Suddenly, I hear a faint melodic humming that I hadn't noticed before. The humming grows louder and louder, working like a siren's call, drawing me closer to the stone Loki holds in his hand. Before I've even realized it, I've crossed the room and am standing directly in front of him, captivated by the glittering magic stone. The melodic hum has grown so alluring, it's crawled beneath my skin and has filled my mind with delirious want. So much power. So close I can almost taste its sweet magic on my tongue.

"Can we both use it's magic?" I ask my voice thick with longing.

"We?" Loki asks, startled by the sudden desire in my voice. His eyes flick over me and his expression becomes so pitying, I stiffen instinctively.

"Darling you can't handle this much power."

I grit my teeth and mutter under my breath, "You're just like the rest of them." Mounting fury boils my blood, and I clench my fists tightly. Just Like Wong, Dr. Strange, The Avengers and Thor. They all thought I wasn't strong enough.

"What's that darling?" Loki asks absentmindedly, the glow of the silver stone once again reflecting in his eager eyes.

I reign in my anger, careful to maintain my composure. This is neither the time nor the place. I swallow thickly, "Nothing. Let's get moving."

Loki slips the stone in his jacket pocket, his lips still pulled in a wide smile, then he rolls his shoulders back. "There's enough magic in this stone, that I can cast magic more powerful than even my mother's." He rubs his hands together eagerly and closes his eyes in concentration. The room shimmers and I feel heavy waves of magic as Loki casts his spell silently. Green and silver sparks light up the air, the magic twirling erratically as it fills every nook and cranny of the dark dungeon. The pulsing magic briefly hovers in the air in front of me, then surges forwards and surrounds me before I can do anything to stop it. Alarm floods my thoughts, but I ignore it, as I feel the magic encompass me. The magic glamours both Loki and I to look exactly like the fire demons. Once Loki opens his eyes, he surveys me briefly with an air of satisfaction. "Follow me." He instructs simply and with that, he strolls from the room, still casting magic in sparkling shades of silver and green. By the time we've finished climbing up the stairs, Loki's twirling magic has encompassed every space in front of us and behind us. He navigates quickly through the silent castle strolling down each corridor as if he knows exactly where he's going. I follow him into a large dark room, with high gold ceilings and marbled columns, his arms raised as if conducting a silent symphony while he weaves his spell through the castle. The swirling magic surges from his body and instantly fills the dimly lit room. As his churning magic brightens the room, I realize that it's crammed full of sleeping fire demons. Nearly a hundred sleeping demons are sprawled out on the stone floor, their deep snores bouncing off the marbled gold walls. The silver and green magic ebbs and flows around every fire demon, surrounding their black horned heads and sinking into their jagged noses, eyes and mouths. Loki confidently strolls across the room as I scramble to keep up with him, careful to tiptoe and not disturb the snoozing demons. Once the magic has embalmed every last fire demon, Loki exits the room, his eyes glinting with deep satisfaction. Quietly, we travel across another dark corridor, heavy magic still pouring from Loki's body, spooling out in every direction. I follow him down the main hall passing several empty rooms full of ancient and broken furniture until suddenly we hear several voices. Instantly Loki's gaze swings towards me and his lips curl into a wicked grin, "Showtime darling."