Chap 20: Best Laid Plans

Loki:

"And what exactly are we looking for?"

"I'm not sure yet."

"Well then, where are we going?"

I rub my temples slowly, Kamilla's been pestering me with non-stop questions for the last fifteen minutes.

"Enough questions. I need silence so I can form a plan."

She stands up briskly, her warm brown face falling slightly, "Fine. I'll leave you to it."

I purse my lips and ignore her as she exits the control room. Odin's Beard she is both intolerable and useless!

This is going to be one Hel of a long trip!
I sigh, but at least I no longer have to worry about her betraying me, now that she's bound in loyalty to me. I chuckle to myself, fortunately, the oath doesn't prohibit me from betraying her. I run my hands through my hair and let my mind drift back to the time I spent with the Chituari and Thanos. He was the one who opened up my eyes to the worlds beyond the nine realms, and once he even mentioned a powerful weapon that was hidden on a mysterious planet. It was something I'd never heard of until I went searching through Asgards library to find out more about it. That's how I discovered that the ancient  weapon is strong enough to kill a celestial being. I suspect that if it could kill one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy, then it has to be strong enough to kill Death. Unfortunately, both the weapon and its wielder were trapped on a secret planet by my father, back when I was but a youth. I frown, Odin took the secret of its location to his grave and with Thanos and his servants dead, there's no way to find out where this mysterious planet actually is. I could go back to Earth and try to use the time machine to see Odin, but I'd rather not face the Good Doctor, and I doubt Odin will reveal the location to me anyways. I sigh, perhaps if I find the ancient celestial's remains, then I can find some clues about where the god-slaying weapon was hidden. I pull up various maps of the Milky Way Galaxy and the Andromeda Galaxy on the monitor and begin scouring them for the most efficient route, and for the nearest jumping point.

My mind drifts off and I find myself reflecting over my last few days with Thor. My chest squeezes tightly, I miss him more than I care to admit. My grief is heavy and suffocating, as I sink into my seat and lay my head against the cold, smooth dashboard. I squeeze my eyes shut, feeling helpless against the insurmountable chasm of loss that I feel. I don't want to feel this pain! My thoughts darken, I'm alone once again. Always neglected and always unwanted. Doomed to forever and always be alone. Such is my inescapable curse.

A few hours later Kamilla saunters back into the control room, her footsteps echoing off the walls of the ship.

"So, have you decided where we are going?" She probes.

This conversation holds no interest for me, so I neither turn around nor respond.

"So is this how it's going to be? I swear fealty to you, and you return the favor by not speaking to me anymore?"

"Precisely. Besides there isn't much you have to say, that could possibly hold my interest."

She folds her arms over her chest,"Wow, childish much?"

I purse my lips tightly but say nothing, feeling preoccupied as my mind spirals down a familiar path of darkness.

"Come on I thought we were friends." She continues, her tone suddenly becomes playful, "You would definitely miss me if I wasn't here."

"Indeed, Little Witch I'm so miserable without you, it's almost like having you around." I deadpan dryly.

She huffs, "Whatever dude." Then she adds, "Well wherever we might be going, we first need to get some supplies. I noticed earlier that our batteries are running dangerously low."