Chap 5: Girl On Fire

Kamilla:

Early the next morning I lay in bed mulling over the night before, glad that my heavy duty sleeping pills once again kept me from dreaming. After I finished training with Loki, I spent a long time trying every spell I knew, in an attempt to break into Strange's library. But it was no use.

The only way I'm getting into that room is with a sling ring, which Dr. Strange refuses to give back to me. I tried to reason with him yesterday, but clearly no amount of pestering is going to change his mind. I sigh, at least I was successful in reaching my underground contact and was able to confirm the location of the object I've been hunting for. I should be able to get it soon, if I can just get my hands on a sling ring. This all would be so much easier if Strange hadn't taken my ring away! Frustrated, I roll out of bed and throw on my black leggings and a white tank top, tugging my messy hair into a knot. Excitement begins to pool at the pit of my stomach, I still can't believe that Loki is alive and that he has agreed to train me in magic! I'm really looking forward to training with him and don't want to waste a single second. I quickly cast a spell to summon a basket of fruit from the bakery down the street and with it in hand, barge into Loki's room.

"Back for more, are you?" He taunts coyly.

I set the basket of fruit on the dresser and swallow back a sarcastic retort before attempting to butter him up.  "I am. I've learned more from you, than I've ever learned from Strange or Wong." I lie.

He smiles smugly, his eyes dancing, "Well of course you have. We Asgardians are superior to humans in every way."

I smirk, "Oh, I doubt they're superior in every way." I rush towards him and use magic to blast darts at his chest, but he dodges them effortlessly.

"Oh you'll have to do much better than that Little Witch." He taunts with a wicked grin as he blasts me with a bolt of green magic.

My pulse quickens as I conjure my shield to block it just in time, this is going to be an exciting challenge. Suddenly he hurls a burst of magic so intense, that I'm knocked to the ground in seconds. My head hits the hardwood floor with a smack, and I let out a painful groan.

"You look much prettier from this angle." He croons towering over me, his thin lips curled into a taunting grin as he flashes his perfectly white teeth.

I snarl and jump to a crouch, feeling a burst of adrenaline jolt through me. I swing my foot out attempting to trip him, but he dodges, his long limbs leaping nimbly out of reach.

"Come now, it'll take more than that to sweep me off my feet." He taunts coyly.  Watching me with eyes so intense, they could burn right through my skin.

"Perhaps if you tell me what it is you seek from Nidavellir, I could be persuaded to go easier on you." 

"Less talking, more fighting." I spit, disliking his piercing gaze.

He huffs in frustration, but then grins before sending a larger blast of magic soaring through the air at my head. I drop into a crouch, then swing around and blast him with my own magic. But he dodges it with ease, so I summon my shields preparing to deflect his returning blow.

"Show me you are more than a one trick wonder." He commands as he summons a wall of magic in front of him effortlessly.

In response I conjure two glowing magic-made swords in my hands and lunge towards him. Before I can reach him he steps back and gracefully withdraws his own swords, just in time to block my advance.

"Surely, you have more tricks up your sleeves, girl." He taunts with a disdainful sneer.

Irritated, I call on my magic to light my swords on fire, then swing them wildly at his head.