Chap 41: All-Consuming Darkness

Kamilla:

After Loki has painstakingly rewritten the spells, altering them slightly so that each hex will accomplish nothing more than a minor explosion, he hands the completed scroll to me.

My eyes roam over the spells written in latin carefully, "It looks exactly like the original. They'll never know the difference."

Loki's eyes flash and he grins widely, the image sending a shiver up my spine. "Exactly, my pet. Just turn it over to Hoder, tell him you dosed me with a sleeping potion and insist that you don't trust me with it."

"Right..." I hesitate, my cheeks suddenly flushing. "But, if we have to pretend to be mad at each other, then I won't get to spend the night with you." I say coquettishly, although what I really want to say, is that I can't bare to be away from him.

Loki chuckles, his eyes dancing brightly in their sockets, "Then let's make this moment count, shall we?"

Instantly his long arm snakes forward and he pulls me close, his body a mixture of heat and cold that makes me shiver with delirious delight.

"Besides, it's only until you get one of them to give up Knull's location. Then we'll have plenty of time together afterwards, I promise." He murmers, as his soft lips nuzzle my ear. His voice is husky as he adds, "And then I will blow your mind, over and over again."

My breath catches and I shudder, my anticipation building. Before I can stop myself, my hands slip under his shirt to caress his back, my fingers grazing over his smooth cool skin. Loki lets out a small sigh, cupping my chin to bring my face to his. As his mouth collides into mine, he tugs on my lower lip with his teeth and then begins sucking it slowly, his green eyes dancing devilishly. I can't help but let out a soft groan, my temperature rising as I kiss him ferociously in response, desire loosening my limbs. His mouth is sweet as my tongue caresses his and pleasure builds in waves, every time his tongue pushes back against mine. His hands tug at my hair and I feel myself rhythmically squirming against his hard body, my mind lost as if in a fever-dream. Suddenly he pulls away from me, his eyes dazed and expression flushed.

"Okay.. this..." He hesitates before clearing his throat. "As wonderful as this is darling, if we don't stop now, we never will. You need to get going."

My heart drops, but I nod anyways as I take a gulp of air. "You're right. Let's just get this charade over with."

He picks up the discarded scroll off the floor and stuffs it into my pocket. "You can do this, Kamilla. You were born for glorious moments like these."

I quirk my brows, "Oh, I know."

He grins, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "I know you do. Now go save us both, before we run out of time."

My eyes roam over his lean body slowly. His expression is both tender and determined as his medium-length hair cascades onto his shoulders. My gaze catches on the long lines of his neck and collarbone, then trace down to his broad shoulders and muscular torso. And all I want is to curl up against him; savoring the feel of his soft skin against mine.

I will myself to go numb, I can't turn into a puddle everytime I see him, if I'm going to play my part well. I square my shoulders and nod. "Alright, I'm ready." I announce as I exit his bedroom and leave him behind me. I wind my way down the bright white halls to the room that I saw Hoder in the last time we were here, and knock on the door swiftly.

"Come in." Hoder's deep voice replies from inside.

I swing open the door as my eyes scan the scene before me, Hoder's room is dimly lit, the room illuminated by a large neon blue sign above a long wooden desk. A large fuzzy brown rug covers the white floor and various watercolor paintings line the walls. Hoder sits in a large black chair behind the desk, a bottle of alcohol in both hands. Several glasses of liquor and beer bottles are scattered on top of the desk. Hoder's normally bright blue eyes are bloodshot, and he holds a black electric guitar in his lap as he chugs from the bottle in his hand before tossing it aside. It shatters on the floor with a loud clatter, even as he strums his guitar with the other hand.