Chap 18: Nidavellir

Loki:

Loki:

"SHIT!" I screech as terror races through my mind.

"DAMN IT!" I grab a nearby table and flip it over with a crash, as my rage surges. "Am I cursed?! Why the Hel does everything always go wrong for me?!"

I reign in my anger and focus on regaining my composure, now is not the time to panic! I didn't expect Death to find me so soon, but that doesn't mean I can't think my way out of this. I push my fear aside and ignore the nagging voice in my head that says that since Death took down Thor easily, she'll easily defeat me. I take small measured breathes and run my fingers through my ruffled hair.

I am a genius when it comes to strategy. I just need something stronger than Thor, that can protect me from Death, something like Stormbreaker. I notice Kamilla staring at me, her eyes unusually wary, as she places her hand on Thor's throat without turning her back on me. Thor still hasn't moved from his crumpled position on the floor and his pale face is expressionless.

"His pulse is strong, he's just unconscious." Kamilla announces looking relieved, "He might have a few bruises when he wakes up, but I think he'll be fine."

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "Looks like I'll be getting that weapon after all."

She nods. "Are you gonna force Eitri to make a God-killing weapon, like he did for Thor? But why not just take Stormbreaker? It was strong enough to kill Thanos."

I shake my head, "No I don't want his ridiculous, pompous ax. I want my own weapon, something I'm used to wielding; a sword."

"So that when Death returns you can kill her." She replies matter-of-factly.

"Indeed." I reply, my voice calm and collected.

"Thor won't allow it, he'll insist you don't need a weapon, because he's strong enough to protect you." Kamilla protests, her eyes darting back to Thor worriedly.

"I know." For a moment I feel a flicker of sadness pierce my chest, but I shake it off and smooth out my features carefully. "It's a good thing I'm an excellent impersonator." I give Kamilla a smirk as my body flickers and I take on the glamoured appearance of Thor.

"No time to waste then." I add resolutely in Thor's deep voice, before strolling out of the spaceship with my head held high.

"I just have to grab the vibranium." Kamilla dashes to the other side of ship, but I don't wait for her to return as I stroll up the steep steps towards the forge.

I hear Kamilla scrambling in the ship behind me, as she calls, "I'll be right behind you." As if I even care.

The light from the small glowing star illuminates my steps, but nothing here is as I remember it was. Nidavellir is grey and gloomy and eerily silent. Clearly Thanos did quite a number on this place; it's nothing like it was in its former glory. Everything is in disarray; building material and various broken weapons are strewn out across the walkway that I'm careful not to trip over. My mind races as I glide up the stairs two steps at a time. Once I convince Eitri to forge a weapon for me, I can ditch Thor and Kamilla. I steel myself against the impending loneliness, I'm better off on my own anyways. I know that if I keep Thor around, he's just going to get himself killed trying to protect me. There's no reasoning with him, once he sets his mind to protecting someone, he can't be stopped. This will only end in him throwing his life away to save mine. At one time, I thought that his death would solve all my problems, but not anymore. I shudder at the thought of having his death at my hands.