Chap 24: Knowhere

Kamilla:

Kamilla:

I wake up the next morning in Thor's bed unsure as to how I got there. Did Loki carry me here last night? My cheeks redden as I remember how I fell asleep on his shoulder. I shake it off, best not to dwell on that. I glance over at Loki's bed; just like the last few days, it remains undisturbed. He seems to have taken a liking to my bed, preferring to sleep in the control room, rather than share a room with me. I sit up with a yawn and focus on healing my scars. For the last several mornings I've been working on healing the many scars that cover my body. Whenever I fought back against the men who forced me to work as a sex-slave they would either beat me or burn me with lit cigarettes. I push the vivid memories aside; removing scars takes a lot of healing magic and it's been extremely difficult to remove them. Scars take so much longer to heal than fresh wounds and my progress has been incredibly tedious. Once more, I try to heal the brand on my stomach; out of the two brands, this is the one I hate the most. The word "worthless" has been burned into my stomach and was given to me the time I almost escaped. But no matter how hard I try, I'm unable to heal either of the scars. Instead I strengthen my glamour, even though I still feel them, they're once again invisible to the naked eye. My light brown skin glows smoothly as I throw on my black jeans and my favorite faux fur burgundy sweater. I still feel unnaturally cold, but I'm getting used to it. Yesterday I realized just how much the blood oath had amplified my strength and stamina while I was fighting the Kree. It was such an incredible feeling to be able to fight harder and faster than I normally could. My mind roams over the day before, part of me cringes at how much I revealed to Loki, but the other part of me is relieved. It feels good to finally talk about what happened with someone other than my therapist. I've told Thor bits and pieces, but even he doesn't know the whole story. I'm still not pleased that Loki looked inside my head, but at the same time, it's nice to have everything out in the open. And Loki was surprisingly nice to me afterwards, I almost feel like I can trust him. Like I can finally let my guard down around him. A thought occurs to me, is it the blood-oath that's causing me to feel like I can trust him? Or has he actually proven himself to be trustworthy?

I shake my head; it has to be the latter. Yesterday he fought by my side, when he could have just as easily left me behind to fight alone. My heart leaps in my chest, he could have left me, but he didn't. He's finally starting to trust me!

I grab an apple from the fridge and take a bite as I stroll into the control room. Loki is neatly dressed in his black suit, but he scowls when I call out, "Good morning, Loki Dearest!"

"So what's on the agenda for today? Oh, fearless leader of mine." I announce causally, intentionally ignoring his scowl.

He sighs, "We're about to reach the jump point that will deposit us into the Andromeda Galaxy."

I slip into the seat beside him, "We're going to another galaxy? That's amazing!"

"I suppose it is." He replies absentmindedly, his long fingers tapping against the dashboard.