Chap 11: Two Broken Brothers

Kamilla:

My hands are on my hips and I'm panting heavily as I stare down at Thor's trapped body at my feet; he's wrapped in chains and is struggling heavily to break free from them.

"Fight it as much as you like, but I enchanted those chains myself. They are unbreakable." Loki's hard voice announces from beside me. I turn to look at him and take in the unrestrained cruelty and hatred written clearly on his face. He's been enjoying every moment of Thor's pain and suffering.

"Finally, all of our scheming has paid off! Finally! WE WILL DESTROY YOU!" He roars before turning to face me slowly.

Loki's face contorts into a malicious grin, "After you, my Queen," he says to me with a mock bow.

I take the jagged, bloody blade from my pocket and lean over Thor, my eyes filled with fury, "YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!" I yell, my body shaking violently with rage. I yank him mercilessly by his long blonde hair and force him to look me in the eyes. "And for your sins, you will pay with your life!"

I grasp my knife firmly and without breaking eye contact, drag the gleaming blade across his tanned throat and grin as his hot blood begins spilling out. Thor's dark red blood spurts out coating my hands, and I laugh enjoying the sensation, happy to have one less enemy in the world. Then I toss him to the ground with a loud thud, and glance at Loki who's grinning madly, delight dancing in his devilish eyes.

"He's all yours, Lady Death." Loki remarks slyly, speaking to someone behind me.

A cold voice hisses through the air like electricity, "It's about time." Her jagged voice chills me to my bones. I spin around, already knowing who the voice belongs to, but see only a black shape shrouded in heavy dark shadows.

"Our deal is complete." She hisses to me, "Your unnatural request is granted."

My heart thrills, leaping happily in my chest, as intense desperation and a long-squelched hope claws through me, then suddenly everything fades to black.

I jump out of bed gasping and dripping in sweat. My heart is racing wildly, and my thoughts are jumbled as I wake from my short nap. I glance at my hands to see if they're still covered in Thor's blood, then let out a sigh of relief.
They're clean; it was just a nightmare. I force my panicked mind to focus on what's real; my hands are real, the soft bed beneath me is real, this spaceship is real. But Nightmares aren't real! I try to calm my breathing and sit up straight. I refuse to let my nightmares steal even a single ounce of happiness. Not today, not after I finally found myself a family.

Suddenly I hear a loud knock at my door. I loosen my shoulders and take a deep breath, "Come in Thor."

Thor opens the door and steps inside, "How'd you know it was me?"

"Well, you're the only one on this ship with any manners."

He chuckles and sits next to me, as the bed creaks under his weight, then after a moment he says, "Now it makes sense, why you called me to ask so many strangely specific questions about Loki and his death."

"Yeah, I had to time everything just right. You know how difficult time travel can be."

"I remember." He nods before looking at me quizzically, "So did you save him for my sake? Or was it for yours?"

I falter, "Um, what exactly are you implying Thor?"

"Ahh, come on. You know what I mean, Milla..."

I just stare at him blankly, dreading what he's about to say next.

He clears his throat awkwardly, "I guess what I'm asking is, did you risk everything to save him because maybe you harbor the tiniest amount of feelings for him?"