Chap 6: Fear The Trickster

Loki:

Stunned, I yank the knife out of my thigh. Even though it doesn't hurt, I cast a spell to heal myself as I wipe the blood off the dagger. If her aim had been just a few inches higher... I shudder to think of it. Of course, I could heal it, but  still I'd be furious.
As it stands, I'm not really angry, in fact I'm a little bit impressed. I didn't think the human had it in her. I place the dagger in my jacket pocket for safekeeping, my mind growing frustrated. Seduction usually works, how did I misread her so incorrectly? Flattering and flirting always works on women and with most men as well. But why didn't it work on her? Have I lost my charm? I wonder feeling vexed. No, there's no way in Hel!
I just need to do some more digging, before I can solve this puzzling witch. What is her angle? What does she really want from me? I need to find her weaknesses, so I can use them to my advantage.
So, she's not into men, that doesn't mean I can't still charm the truth out of her anyways. I tried to hypnotize her, but that only ever works on the weak-minded. And she is clearly strong-willed and strong-minded. Annoyed, I shake my head and push all the irritating thoughts about the human girl aside. I don't have time to let her get under my skin, I need to focus on weakening Dr. Strange's enchantment, so I can escape this disgusting place. I proceed to spend the next several hours painstakingly unweaving the Dr's spell, until I collapse into bed exhausted and frustrated. I've hardly made a dent in the enchantment!
This dammed spell is stronger and more intricate than I expected! I run my hand through my hair and look around the room feeling bored. Now what?

"Being a prisoner is ever so dull." I complain aloud, even though no one is here to listen. Finally, feeling somewhat dejected, I grab the book I was reading yesterday about a creature called Frankenstein and continue reading until I doze off.

When I wake up less than five hours later, I concentrate on the enchantment, probing it from every possible angle searching for its weakness. I curse under my breath, still it holds; its grip fierce. I sit up in bed and continue casting spells designed to weaken it gradually over time.

About an hour later I hear noise coming from the next door. "Ahh, good. The Little Witch is awake."
Let the games begin, I think excitedly. I will find a way to break down her defenses.

A few minutes later I hear a knock at my door as Kamilla calls hesitantly, "I know it's barely five in the morning, but are you up for some training?"

I wave my hand and the door swings open. "Hello Little Witch. Trouble sleeping?" I give her an innocent look.

She walks in the room and huffs sarcastically, "Tell me something I don't know," Then adds with a mischievous smile, "I was hoping you would teach me about hypnosis?"

I'm still annoyed that she broke free from my spell yesterday, so I decide to hit her where it hurts. "You're not strong enough for that."

For a moment she looks wounded then she shakes it off expertly. "Perhaps you can teach me how to teleport, then."

"And perhaps you can tell me how hard you've been working on planning my escape." I retort, knowing she has done no such thing.

"I won't be able to get the Darkhold for you, it's too heavily guarded."

"Then you are of no further use to me." I reply, intentionally baiting her.

"Please," She begs "I'll tell you about all of the most powerful objects Strange keeps hidden here. If you continue to teach me magic."

I smile feeling quite pleased, this is too easy. "Tell me about these so-called powerful objects."

"First, train me." She says her face hard.

Loki After Endgame: Cheating Deathजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें